December 27, 2008

recycled wrapping (mostly)

Inside-out grocery/shopping bags tied up with pretty ribbon and butcher’s twine = wrapping paper that makes me feel less guilty when all the presents have been opened and the recycling bin is full. Inside-out unless there are good graphics to be used, like the Spacecraft bag we lugged home from Melbourne. Couldn’t resist the festive red dots.

And for spice, super easy tags punched from the papersource catalog and backed (using studio tac) with more grocery bag paper so there’s a place to write.

It’s amazing how much more comprehensive your craft supply area becomes post-wedding. Makes the last minute wrapping crisis much easier to handle.

comments

1. Jenny.Lee said on December 28, 2008

We did the same thing for our gift wrapping. Wish I had thought of those cute tags though!

2. citysage said on December 28, 2008

Love love love! I did something similar this year and was SO pleased with how it turned out—though I think your touch with the polka dots makes it even more special. And isn’t the post wedding craft supply glut wonderful? I have a huge leftover roll of organic linen ribbon that I think will probably last me until our silver anniversary.

Hope you had a lovely Christmas! Oh—and I’m one of those weird bring your own bag girls too…I’ve even been known to stuff yogurts into my purse and persimmons into the pocket of my hoodie rather than accept a bag from the store…

3. jenifriend said on December 28, 2008

Don’t feel guilty about some of the items not being recyclable. You reused items which, in my book, is just as notable as recycling because you refused to to give into the commercialized products offered in stores and create something out of what you already had; nice job! I used newspapers to wrap everything, or the boxes which the packages were shipped in. There were a few chuckles from members of my family who don’t recycle, but they appreciated that I offered wrappings that resembled my character.

4. Rachel said on December 28, 2008

I love these! I’ve been looking for a paper punch that makes gift tags – where did you get yours?

5. Heather from the bar said on December 29, 2008

they way to do it :)

6. Mrs. Buck said on January 6, 2009

I love the look of the wrapping in that picture – and I agree! Ihavent had to buy hardly any bows or wrapping stuff or gift bags since our wedding in June! I kept everything I thought I could re-use!