March 19, 2009

spring protea family blooms

I’ve mentioned before my love of all members of the protea family. Remember that cool wreath from christmas? well my same friend at the farmers market has a whole mess of spring pretties right now, in bright flaming colors and textures. Which means that I could not possibly walk away yesterday without buying an entire armful of spiny flowering things.

I love them in the vintage french flower bucket.

If anyone is looking for DIY, or should I say buy-it-yourself, wedding ideas these can be purchased at flea markets very inexpensively. Mine are old and ratty, but you can find really beautiful ones with flaking paint and pretty patina too.

comments

1. Maggie @ Eat, Drink, Marry said on March 19, 2009

Oh wow, these are gorgeous! If our farmers market had flowers, I’d be on Cloud Nine. I think the local produce and meat had me at a Cloud 8.5 as it is…

2. Rachel said on March 19, 2009

I love those protea. We have a guy who sells them at our farmer’s market but for some odd reason they are always infested with ants, and it freaks me out. I assume yours are not.

3. NotQuiteaBride said on March 19, 2009

ummmmmmm are you kidding me?!?! My bouquet is going to be ONLY proteas! I fell in love with the flower years ago, and then I found out it’s the South African national flower, and my fiance is from South Africa.
    I found a website in Hawaii that grows and ships them, but I also think I can get them from the florist who supplies the flowers for Costco.

You’re the only person I’ve ever seen who knows what they are!!

4. Anne @ Pink Galoshes said on March 20, 2009

Oh, these are stunning, and I just love them in that French bucket. So amazing.

5. boldaslove said on March 23, 2009

Such a beautiful arrangement!

6. Anonymous said on March 23, 2009

Nice flowers! Jesus bless you!

Andreea

7. Dave Drwencke said on October 18, 2014

I really like what you guys are usually up too.
    This kind of clever work and exposure! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll.