October 19, 2009

a rocker

I was highly unproductive this weekend, in terms of having anything interesting to show yous, but sometimes it goes like that. I’m embracing my time to be unproductive while I can.

We did do like 1 million errands though, which always feels nice. And made a grand master list of all the things we want to get done pre-baby.

And I found our rocking chair.

The Risom Rocker from DWR. yayyy.

I’m of the belief that one should not fill one’s house with things for baby that you wouldn’t like to have in your house if you didn’t have baby (stroller and crib and some other necessities notwithstanding). Especially when it comes to plastic things, but that’s a different topic altogether. I know we need a rocker, but I just cannot stomach one of those huge poofy lazy-boy-for-moms upholstered gliders. Apologies to anyone who has and loves theirs, I’m sure they’re terrifically functional, but they make me want to throw up a little. If we’re going to buy a rocking chair, I want it to be a chair that we will enjoy in our home forever, not just while I’m nursing 12 hours a day. Naive? Probably, but let me exist in my fantasy world while I can.

It’s expensive, and we might not end up getting it. But I’d rather spend a little more on a beautiful piece of furniture that we will keep for always. Plus I haven’t even tested it out yet. Of our 1 million errands, none took us past a DWR. So that is a project for this week. Maybe the floor model with be on sale.

We’re going to end up blowing our entire baby budget on our rocker and our stroller, but really, aside from diapers and a breast pump, what more do we need for the first 6 months?

Also, I purchased my first official piece of maternity apparel. Milestone! I am so thankful that I live in the age of premium denim. Those poor moms who had to come before us were forced to wear hideous jeans throughout their entire pregnancy. And it turns out maternity jeans are super comfy! Perfect for airplane rides! I think everyone should have a pair. They’re like denim sweats.

comments

1. Emily said on October 19, 2009

That rocker is absolutely beautiful! We spent a quite a bit on our rocker as well, but it's been worth every penny… buy that gorgeous rocker, I say!

2. Kate@ Kids and Cocktails said on October 19, 2009

We had a "glider" with our first and I never sat in it. Thank goodness I only paid $99 for it. I fed the girl out on the couch, so I never needed it. That being said, I would LOVE to have that rocker now that we're trying for our 2nd. It looks totally relaxing!

3. Rachel said on October 19, 2009

These are gorgeous choices! You might also spend some time poking around in thrift stores. Some of the vintage wooden rockers are lovely, although they aren't quite as modern looking.

4. samiya said on October 19, 2009

what a beautiful and absolutely chic rocker.. congratulations for the news.. its all extremely exciting.. and nerve wrecking.. you seem to be doing good by the way..

i love your pictures.. how do you take them.. they are so vivid adn clear.. would you like to share some tips and advice.. adn i love your blog name.. Lovely Morning.. there is nothing more enchanting in this world than a gorgeous sunny bright lovely morning to wake up to..

5. Meg said on October 19, 2009

Baby clothes. But one shower and your pretty much set in that department, right?

6. stephanie said on October 19, 2009

Oooh, I love that rocker! Very, very nice.

7. Simply Mel said on October 19, 2009

Hilarious! We were the exact same way when it came to a rocker…in fact, we never could find one, so I never had one for my little one. It turned out to be okay since she was just happy in my arms sans any rocking. The short story – we fell in love with the Don-Do rocker, once we priced it, $10K, and it was hand made to order in Italy!

Needless to say, all you need is a loving heart, to welcoming arms, and lots of patience and understanding!

Our little girl is now 20 months, and she has never had ONE plastic toy, our home is free of all the bright colored, head-ache inducing swings, chairs, toys, etc. We did it 'old school' – just love, warmth, and a cozy home. And amazingly (to all those who said we needed to register for all that 'crap' at the baby stores0, we never needed it or felt like we missed out on anything, she is beyond happy, strong, creative and resourceful and loves being outdoors in nature discovering all the 'toys' it offers.

8. TK said on October 19, 2009

Totally form over funtion or the other way around! You will have that piece forever, think investment for the house. LOVE.

9. Secondstreetdesigns said on October 20, 2009

I love the rocker- and I agree- you can still have good taste with a baby in the house! I actually used a cool old wooden rocker.

10. this must be the place blog said on October 22, 2009

I love a chic rocker! so hard to find. thanks for sharing!!

11. ross said on October 28, 2009

I found the best collections of rocking chairs on spacify.com

12. nissan sunny xv review said on August 4, 2015

I read this article fully concerning the comparison of newest
    and earlier technologies, it’s remarkable article.

13. jeux vidéo français said on August 4, 2015

Et cela fait également de notre cheat bizarre astuce d’exception,
    c’est simplement que complet ce cortège sur
    the téléphone Google android ou iphone 4.

14. Vous vous posez surement la query sur le fonctionnement du système qui permet de
    pirater un compte Facebook en rien que quelques boutons de la souris.

15. Free Bitcoin Faucet Rotator said on August 16, 2015

Hi, I think your blog might be having browser
    compatibility issues. When I look at your website
    in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just
    wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, terrific blog!

16. www.scubatao.com said on August 24, 2015

Additionally, the firm estimates that such spending will increase by another 13%.
    There are review sites, forum, and QA websites where
    you can find real people who are sharing their own experience about the different online drugstores.
    Also, be sure to have your computer’s antivirus and anti-malware software up to date and that your passwords are complicated enough to never be guessed
    from a hacker, while being easy for you to remember.

17. usqb.org.ua said on September 25, 2015

Objects already listed on eBay which might bee undervalued (either badly marketed and never using any of
    the techniques mentioned above, or just priced mistaken).

18. Karol said on September 25, 2015

Whereas it could seem apparent too ask for help, there’s an artwork to reaching out
    to the individuals who know and love you: Don’t sell them
    crappy objects.

19. アクア 値引き said on June 19, 2016

トヨタアクアを相場より安く買う為に、誰にでも実践できる簡単な交渉術を掲載中

20. 男の更年期の症状改善にオススメのさぷりめんととして、せいりょくざいとpenis増大サプリメントがあります。精力増強剤とペニス増大サプリにはテストテロンや成長ホルモンの分泌を活発にするせいぶんがたくさん含んでいます。更年期障害はロー症候群とも言われ、さいきんではStress、生活習慣の乱れから若い方でもなりやすいとされています。男性更年期障害はうつ病と症状が被っているため、区別が不明というオトコの人も多いようですが、ボッキ障害などの性的なことがおちるのが特徴です。バイアグラなどのぼっき解決のSuppleもありますが、それはSEXの時だけ有効ですので、ロー症候群には時間がかかりますが、男性ホルモン(テストテロン)やせいちょうホルモンを身体で生成する様なカラダにするほうが効き目があるのです。朝勃ちがデキている方、また、勃起をしているだんせい、こういっただんせいは別のサプリを飲むほうが効果があると言われています。勃起がほとんど出来ないのであれば、せいりょくSuppleを使う必要があります。すこしでもぼっきするコトが出来れば、penis増大サプリメントの方がテストテロンや成長ホルモンが分泌される成分が多いので有利です。お金は増大サプリメントの方が高いです。国内製で信頼アリです。