October 19, 2009

a rocker

I was highly unproductive this weekend, in terms of having anything interesting to show yous, but sometimes it goes like that. I’m embracing my time to be unproductive while I can.

We did do like 1 million errands though, which always feels nice. And made a grand master list of all the things we want to get done pre-baby.

And I found our rocking chair.

The Risom Rocker from DWR. yayyy.

I’m of the belief that one should not fill one’s house with things for baby that you wouldn’t like to have in your house if you didn’t have baby (stroller and crib and some other necessities notwithstanding). Especially when it comes to plastic things, but that’s a different topic altogether. I know we need a rocker, but I just cannot stomach one of those huge poofy lazy-boy-for-moms upholstered gliders. Apologies to anyone who has and loves theirs, I’m sure they’re terrifically functional, but they make me want to throw up a little. If we’re going to buy a rocking chair, I want it to be a chair that we will enjoy in our home forever, not just while I’m nursing 12 hours a day. Naive? Probably, but let me exist in my fantasy world while I can.

It’s expensive, and we might not end up getting it. But I’d rather spend a little more on a beautiful piece of furniture that we will keep for always. Plus I haven’t even tested it out yet. Of our 1 million errands, none took us past a DWR. So that is a project for this week. Maybe the floor model with be on sale.

We’re going to end up blowing our entire baby budget on our rocker and our stroller, but really, aside from diapers and a breast pump, what more do we need for the first 6 months?

Also, I purchased my first official piece of maternity apparel. Milestone! I am so thankful that I live in the age of premium denim. Those poor moms who had to come before us were forced to wear hideous jeans throughout their entire pregnancy. And it turns out maternity jeans are super comfy! Perfect for airplane rides! I think everyone should have a pair. They’re like denim sweats.

comments

1. Emily said on October 19, 2009

That rocker is absolutely beautiful! We spent a quite a bit on our rocker as well, but it's been worth every penny… buy that gorgeous rocker, I say!

2. Kate@ Kids and Cocktails said on October 19, 2009

We had a "glider" with our first and I never sat in it. Thank goodness I only paid $99 for it. I fed the girl out on the couch, so I never needed it. That being said, I would LOVE to have that rocker now that we're trying for our 2nd. It looks totally relaxing!

3. Rachel said on October 19, 2009

These are gorgeous choices! You might also spend some time poking around in thrift stores. Some of the vintage wooden rockers are lovely, although they aren't quite as modern looking.

4. samiya said on October 19, 2009

what a beautiful and absolutely chic rocker.. congratulations for the news.. its all extremely exciting.. and nerve wrecking.. you seem to be doing good by the way..

i love your pictures.. how do you take them.. they are so vivid adn clear.. would you like to share some tips and advice.. adn i love your blog name.. Lovely Morning.. there is nothing more enchanting in this world than a gorgeous sunny bright lovely morning to wake up to..

5. Meg said on October 19, 2009

Baby clothes. But one shower and your pretty much set in that department, right?

6. stephanie said on October 19, 2009

Oooh, I love that rocker! Very, very nice.

7. Simply Mel said on October 19, 2009

Hilarious! We were the exact same way when it came to a rocker…in fact, we never could find one, so I never had one for my little one. It turned out to be okay since she was just happy in my arms sans any rocking. The short story – we fell in love with the Don-Do rocker, once we priced it, $10K, and it was hand made to order in Italy!

Needless to say, all you need is a loving heart, to welcoming arms, and lots of patience and understanding!

Our little girl is now 20 months, and she has never had ONE plastic toy, our home is free of all the bright colored, head-ache inducing swings, chairs, toys, etc. We did it 'old school' – just love, warmth, and a cozy home. And amazingly (to all those who said we needed to register for all that 'crap' at the baby stores0, we never needed it or felt like we missed out on anything, she is beyond happy, strong, creative and resourceful and loves being outdoors in nature discovering all the 'toys' it offers.

8. TK said on October 19, 2009

Totally form over funtion or the other way around! You will have that piece forever, think investment for the house. LOVE.

9. Secondstreetdesigns said on October 20, 2009

I love the rocker- and I agree- you can still have good taste with a baby in the house! I actually used a cool old wooden rocker.

10. this must be the place blog said on October 22, 2009

I love a chic rocker! so hard to find. thanks for sharing!!

11. ross said on October 28, 2009

I found the best collections of rocking chairs on spacify.com

12. test hd review said on September 23, 2014

I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here.
    The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following.

unwell unquestionably come more formerly again as exactly
    the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.

13. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
    it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.

You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your weblog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

14. mens haircut san diego said on September 24, 2014

Excellent site you’ve got here.. It’s hard to find excellent writing like yours nowadays.
    I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

15. Riad Zayane Atlas In Marrakech said on September 25, 2014

The appointment comes as President Assad battles a 15-month-old
    uprising in which thousands of civilians have been killed in traffic.
    The EU-Japan proposal also lays out a parallel path: the creation of a small family church,
    and he said based on discussions with Republicans” of all stripes” in the capital.
    If you intend to rent a car while doing a cross-country road
    trip can be a real problem and highly indicative of some sort.

16. subway surfers hack android said on September 25, 2014

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually understand what you’re speaking approximately!
    Bookmarked. Kindly also seek advice from my site =). We will
    have a hyperlink exchange agreement among us

17. масло орегано said on September 26, 2014

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the
    video to make your point. You definitely know what youre
    talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to your site
    when you could be giving us something informative to read?

18. blackline elite free trial said on September 26, 2014

Thanks , I have just been looking for info about this subject
    for ages and yours is the best I’ve came upon till now.
    However, what about the conclusion? Are you positive concerning the source?

19. koh samui property said on September 27, 2014

hi!,I love your writing so so much! share we keep up a correspondence extra about your post
    on AOL? I require a specialist on this house to unravel
    my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look forward to look you.

20. yellow shower curtains said on September 28, 2014

Hello there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out
    and say I truly enjoy reading your articles.
    Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?
    Many thanks!

21. stufz burger press walgreens said on September 29, 2014

Fill up the pockets with meats and toppings and push down the very best of the burger maker, tightly enclosing all of the luscious flavors within your burger.

22. google said on September 29, 2014

When some one searches for his necessary thing, therefore he/she needs to be available that
    in detail, therefore that thing is maintained over here.

23. nutritioussermo40.blog.fc2.com said on September 29, 2014

Very worthwhile information!Ideal! just what I was trying to find!

24. search engine optimization said on September 29, 2014

I have read so many posts about the blogger lovers however this article is actually a nice
    article, keep it up.

25. Christian said on September 29, 2014

It competes primarily with other social gaming companies like Electronic Arts and Playdom that was recently obtained
    Disney. You’ve dealt a great deal with top secret information. No need to
    worry about any loss or damage to your computer data and settings.

26. Connor said on September 29, 2014

Eventually, herpes is among the few STDs which has no stop.

Genital herpes is really a chronic long term condition.

27. characters different women said on October 1, 2014

It’s a pity you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate tto this briloiant blog!
    I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS
    feed to mmy Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and ill share this website wijth my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!