December 15, 2009

For winter

I saw this vintage postcard at Solo in Solana Beach over Thanksgiving. Finally downloaded it from my phone:

“Quite cold here too, so what’s the use of getting hot about it?”

I love the simplicity and the wit.

Cold weather = pampering for skin. I for one cannot resist delicately scented, sumptuously textured lotions.

Take Kiehl’s Imperial Body Balm. The black packaging is a nice marketing tool, don’t you think? OOOOH SPECIAL AND LUXURIOUS AND BLACK.

I actually waited on this one until we got our annual Kiehl’s holiday coupon thing in the mail. $20 off a purchase of $50 or more? Someone’s getting her fancy lotion.

It’s gloriously buttery with a teeny hint of cloves. I so deserve it for my tightly stretched skin. Highly recommend getting a sample next time you’re near a Kiehl’s store. Or just buy it online and bathe in it.

comments

1. pamwares said on December 16, 2009

so how does one score a kiehl's coupon? very nice. I use so much of their product. i love that it is simple and good.

2. Peacock Feathers and Diamond Rings said on December 16, 2009

that Kiels stuff looks great. Sadly I am using up all our toiletries before I buy any new ones.

3. goodniteirene said on December 17, 2009

always looking for the newest balm to fall in love with. i will head to kiehl's today. thanks for sharing.
    -katie

4. jones said on December 17, 2009

are you using this on your belly. I'm thinking that I best start slathering now in the hopes of staving off stretch marks . . .

5. Meredith from Penelope Loves Lists said on December 17, 2009

The Kiehls is just what I've been looking for. My hands look so terrible this winter.

6. lovelymorning said on December 18, 2009

pamwares – just let them add your name to their computer next time you're at a kiehl's store. then they send you all sorts of good things in the mail. Which trick you into buying more things.

jones – yes, you must try for belly. though i've heard that you either get stretch marks or you don't and there's not a lot you can do about it. But let's pretend that we can prevent them with the proper amount of high end balms and creams.

7. kat parker said on December 19, 2009

god – that handwriting! a waning art. i feel you would love this: http://www.lettersofnote.com/ (the david bowie one is my favorite)