January 9, 2010

More bunting

My dear friend Jessica’s baby shower is today. We’re due 3 days apart. Isn’t that so fun?

I went on a bunting tear while we were up in Mammoth (you can make a lot of flags when you’re not snowboarding), and here’s a little peek of the set I made her:

(That’s a wooden dear head in the background, FYI. We’re not hunters or anything).

Hers turned out soooo cute. I attempted to steer clear of pink, but turns out that’s not possible when you know you’re buying fabric for a baby girl. But I mixed in some nice neutrals and oranges and blues too. It is manageably feminine set of flags.

Those in the background are the ones I made for our baby. I seriously had the entire living room of my parents’ house up there strewn with flags. Everyone was a collective good sport about the baby shower themed New Years.

Also, I LOVE my new sewing machine. Love love love love. I feel oddly complete as a mother-to-be now that I have one that I can reliably operate on my own.

comments

1. Char said on January 10, 2010

i know she will love the bunting – very simple and lovely

2. Linda said on January 10, 2010

Can I ask what kind of sewing machine you got for christmas. I'm taking my first sewing class on Monday and cant decide which one is right for me….

3. sk said on January 10, 2010

very nice! how are those made? is each one made of one piece of fabric, or are they double sided?

4. Ashleigh said on January 10, 2010

These are fantastic! I have two baby showers coming up (not mine – friends') and would love to give this project a try. Can you share a step-by-step tutorial for those of us who aren't graced with innate sewing & creative talent? :)

5. {lovely little things} said on January 10, 2010

That's exciting, your shower must be next!

6. Chey can cook! (and more) said on January 10, 2010

What a neat idea! How long did it take you?

7. thislovelycity said on January 11, 2010

It looks darling! I also love the wooden deer!

Can't WAIT to see photos of your shower! xo!

8. nicole said on January 11, 2010

These are precious! Nicely done!

9. lovelymorning said on January 11, 2010

Linda – Mine is the Janome Sew Precise. I love it. It does all sorts of cute stitches, but it's super simple to operate. You might see what machine you use in your class and if you like it, just go for it. That's how I chose mine. Might as well get the one you were taught to operate, right?

sk- they are double sided. I have to say these are extremely time consuming bunting. I'm sure you could just cut out each flag with pinking shears and call it a day.

ashleigh – I'll do my best! I may have burned out on bunting for the time being in favor of baby bloomers and the like, but maybe I'll get a third wind.

10. kat parker said on January 12, 2010

kristina, i totally have to confess that i took such inspiration from your last bunting project – the stationary – that i pretty much copied your paper scrap move! here's the post:

thanks for the always-inspiring projects, madame!

11. Em said on January 20, 2010

I, too, would love to see a tutorial! Fingers crossed!