February 20, 2010

I’m due

I don’t think I’ve mentioned this yet, but today is my due date…

AND it also happens to be my birthday. WEIRD, right?

Of all the 365 days in the year to have my official due date fall… baby chose today. Though, I’m pretty sure he/she isn’t coming out in the next 16 hours.

Maybe tomorrow? Tomorrow would be good. Or Monday?

Seriously, I have every single item on my to-do list done, even the most boring non-essentials like:

• Reorganize linen closet

• Clean up bag area in kitchen (do you guys have this? the place where all the shopping bags go? mine was a hulking monstrosity)

• Clean out fridge

• Go through filing cabinet and recycle 80% of contents

• Vacuum and clean inside of car

• Go through clothes and donate a large portion to goodwill since I will clearly never where my old clothes again once I’m a mom.

umm.

What else? The only thing that got left behind was the honeymoon photo album that I really wanted to get together before the baby. But maybe it will be a good project for in between napping and feeding?

Today I’m going to go walk the stairs in Santa Monica for 6 hours and go to yoga. And then have a spicy birthday dinner? And go into labor?

We’ll see.

comments

1. Teresa said on February 20, 2010

Good luck, good luck!

2. inoakpark said on February 20, 2010

Have a wonderful day pre-baby!

And try not to wear yourself out walking stairs or doing anything too crazy! You'll need the energy for getting the baby out!

3. simplesong said on February 20, 2010

good luck today!

mine was due on my birthday too…he came 2 days later. i walked up and down the stairs and that seemed to work.

enjoy these last few days!

4. simplesong said on February 20, 2010

and happy birthday!

5. Molly Jean said on February 20, 2010

Happy birthday & best of luck! Seems like such a magical time for you & yours. All the best!

6. melissa said on February 20, 2010

good luck!

7. Shayna said on February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday and good luck! I was born 2 days after my momma's bday and it's always fun to celebrate together…

8. Victoria @ Hibiscus Bloem said on February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday. Sounds like your nest is ready, so relax, sleep and eat now, soon you'll be a mama. Enjoy.

9. Helena - A Diary of Lovely said on February 20, 2010

Happy birthday!! and… good luck!! :)

10. jora said on February 20, 2010

I keep checking in on you….this is so exciting!! Wishing you a happy and comfortable birth. I can't wait to hear all about it. xo

11. Ashley V said on February 20, 2010

I have been following your blog for over a year and I love reading all of your updates. happy birthday and good luck! I'm excited to hear all about the baby!

12. Katie Carter said on February 20, 2010

Happy birthday and good luck!!! : )

13. Simply Mel said on February 20, 2010

Wooo-wheee! What a day! Happy Birthday to you, and here's to welcoming your new little bundle soon!

Cannot wait to hear the good news of a sweet arrival…

14. nole said on February 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Kristina! And good luck this week!

15. Chey can cook! (and more) said on February 20, 2010

Happy birthday and enjoy your day/night! Can't wait to hear about the new arrival!

16. Rennae said on February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday, I hope you have a fantastic day. Good luck with the birth of your baby, it is such an exciting time. I am waiting on my second to make it's appearance. I am 13 days over today and counting. Such a change from my first, he was 16 days early. They all come when they are ready. Enjoy this stage, they grow so fast.

17. Amanda said on February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday!! Hope you had a great day! (And fingers crossed baby decides to come soon!)

18. Cinnamon said on February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday! Enjoy it!

19. Meg said on February 21, 2010

I've been thinking of and rooting for you all week lady. Go, go, go, go! (Or should I say push?)

And what's this about not wearing your pre-mom clothes?? I mean… maybe… but you're still gonna have some swagger, I feel it.

x
    and (((())))

20. Anonymous said on February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday! So funny…I had a similar to do list when I was prego and the *last* thing left undone was my wedding scrapbook. I had the same thought – I'll work on it while babe sleeps/naps. Yeah right! My little girl, Ruby, is 3 months old now and I still haven't touched it…that OR her baby book. I thought I would have so much more time than I do. She's a great baby but she keeps me so busy. Busier than I ever could have imagined. But I will say that I've never been more organized in my life than I am now. So, it was nice to go into motherhood knowing where everything is, etc. Anyway, good luck and know that it's okay if it doesn't all get done. :-)

21. Martina Voigt-Schmid said on February 21, 2010

Wish you luck – this is such a a special time!

22. paula said on February 21, 2010

Happy, Happy birthday!

23. emilyg123 said on February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday! You're in my (our – I tell my fiance about your blog all the time) thoughts this weekend! What a wonderful time.

24. emilyg123 said on February 21, 2010

And yes, we have a horrible bag area in the three inch space between the refridge and the counter/cabinets where our paper and fabric bags get jammed in. As long as the topmost stuffed bag does not breach the counter/eye-sight line, I'm ok with it.

25. lovelymorning said on February 21, 2010

Thanks you guys!!!

simplesong – that's so funny! 2 days later would be awesome at this point.

rennae- omg. you are a strong woman. good luck!

meg – oh i will still have swagger… but it might be a different sort. plus, won't I deserve new clothes after all of this?

emilyg123 – ours bags stuffed next to the fridge too. but now they are organized!

26. Peacock Feathers and Diamond Rings said on February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday. And hope your little one makes his/her arrival soon and safely.

27. Annie said on February 21, 2010

Happy (belated) Birthday! I'm on my countdown (11 days to go) and definitely don't have everything done on my to-do list–very impressed. Best of luck!

28. Amanda said on February 22, 2010

Many, many happy returns, my dear! I hope someone brought you a balloon. xoxo

29. nicole said on February 22, 2010

Whoa! Congrats and happy belated birthday. Good luck, mama. I can't wait to hear all about it…

30. Peonies and Polaroids said on February 22, 2010

Happy belated birthday!

And I really hope that bubs makes an appearance soon. I've been wondering all weekend if you had popped yet!

31. alyson. said on February 22, 2010

best of luck this week pretty mama! and happiest of birthdays to you!

32. Paisley Petunia said on February 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to you! And happy almost birthday to the baby.

33. Cassi said on February 22, 2010

Happy belated birthday!! I didn't see this post until just now, so I'm sorry it's late. Maybe baby didn't want to steal your thunder and come out on YOUR birthday… :)

34. Anonymous said on February 22, 2010

It's SO great you finished your to-do list. I never got to mine because I had planned my month off before the due date to tackle it….and our girl came 4 1/2 wks early!!! She's 10 mths now & I'm just barely checking anything off that list. This is how little time you will have…..and yet it is blissful as any time you'll experience. Enjoy & best of luck.
    (from 1 of the 2% who went epidural free :). You can do it too!)

35. eliza said on February 23, 2010

happy (belated) birthday and best wishes for a smooth delivery!

36. christina said on March 30, 2010

happy belated birthday. my due date is my birthday too!!