February 10, 2010

more gocco thank yous

Every time I finish a gocco project I wonder if it will be my last. Actually, I know this one won’t because I still have a few more bulbs left. But when are the supplies going to disappear altogether? And should I get a Yudu? Does anyone have one? I definitely like that it’s non-toxic…

For now, I still have gocco to print things like Thank You cards for our shower:

Pretty simple, but it was all I could muster yesterday at the computer. Now this morning will be spent actually filling them out and addressing them and stamping them.

I love checking things off my list.

Seriously though, would love to hear what people think of Yudu. Please share.

comments

1. kd-m said on February 10, 2010

I've enjoyed my yudu but I've found it to be a bit more temperamental than the screen printing I've done in the past and I can't get as much detail as I like. (i.e. probably can't get smaller than 11 pt type if there's a delicate serif). Also, after about 80-100 prints the emulsion starts to deteriorate a bit though I can usually patch it up with some tape to get another 100+ out of it. Maybe I'm pushing it a little too hard but I really do love it when it works!

I would recommend watching some of the youtube tutorials out there NOT put out by provocraft. I've found them to be a little silly but more helpful than the provocraft tutorials any day.

I wanted a gocco for years but because of the dwindling supplies never took the plunge. When the yudu came out it was the obvious choice for me me since you can print a much larger area.

Good Luck!

2. 20123 said on February 10, 2010

如果你不思考未來,你便不會有未來 ..................................................

3. Greekbabe84 said on February 10, 2010

I just bought a yudu for all of our wedding things, save the dates, invitations, etc. I never got a gocco because like kd-m, I was afraid of the lack of supplies. Here's the thing, its just more cumbersome. That's the only problem I have run across so far. I agree…watch the non-provocraft videos and that should help. Please blog if you decide to get one!

4. Bridget said on February 11, 2010

that thingamajig seems cool!! get one!

5. Katie Carter said on February 11, 2010

ohhh i wish i had a yudu! I think your simple thank you are lovely : )

6. Anonymous said on February 11, 2010

Saw a post about Gocco supplies availability. Though I've never worked with either press, so I don't know how sufficient these are:

7. cevd said on February 11, 2010

i don't like my yudu. i find it incredibly hard to obtain decent detail and ANY delicate(ness) in fonts. that being said i gave up on it pretty early. plus the whole making of a screen takes FOREVER compared to the gocco. and it is huge.

i do however use it to print things like shirts and bags. just not paper goods. maybe i like fine lines too much?

8. Amanda said on February 12, 2010

Guess what? You are going to have a BABY.

I am so excited.

9. kat Nouri said on June 22, 2011

I love your blog…you have great taste.
    best