March 18, 2010

squeaks & beeps

I had all sorts of nice things I wanted to post this week, but it’s already thursday and I’m guessing I have 1 hour at the computer until you know who is needing attention. I’m sure I’ll eventually return to normal posting but for now, thank ye kindly for cutting me some slack.

Amanda‘s super super sweet nearly sister-in-law Michele, sent me this at the beginning of the week:

Actually she sent the package to Amanda to pass on to me. She makes custom baby burp cloth onesie bib sets and sells them through her blog Squeaks & Beeps. These would make such great pressies. She needs an etsy store B.A.D. don’t you think? I love my little grey elephants.

NEVERMIND! She has one! Squeaks & Beeps on Etsy

I mistakenly thought that bibs were only for babies who eat food. They’re actually kind of handy for milky spit up too. Every day you learn something shiny and new.

We’re embarking on a big adventure today. Shopping with baby. Mama needs something to wear to a bridal shower on Sunday. Something that allows me to nurse and look somewhat put together. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Here I thought I was going to glide through breastfeeding in the same way I did pregnancy… ie. buying no appropriate clothes and just making due with what I already have. NOT.

comments

1. kdn said on March 18, 2010

First of all, I ADORE your blog. Secondly, I have a 9.5 month old little girl and have been where you are! Shopping for clothes can be really frustrating but give yourself grace and patience as you ease into this new body. :) I have found that Anthropologie (i work there so i am biased) has some pretty cute button up dresses for around $100 and of course Target's new line has some really fun things. I LOVED linen (Anthro has a great stretchy pair) pants and tank tops after my daughter was born. Just an idea. Enjoy your precious son! They grow up way too fast. Blessings.

2. 100layercake said on March 18, 2010

Michele just got her Etsy store up! She's putting more cute fabrics on today..

-Amanda

3. Squeaks and Beeps said on March 18, 2010

So glad you love your Squeaks and Beeps items!!! They were specially made just for you! You need a nursing cover if you don't have one already. They come in really handy for nursing or just shielding your child from strange hands trying to touch the all the time! I can make you one if you need one in any fabric you want. They are machine washable and mine are extra wide which, trust me, will come in handy. Just email me and let me know. Thanks for posting my stuff! I really apprecaite it!

Michele Dawbarn
    913 61 7302

4. Squeaks and Beeps said on March 18, 2010

sorry, 913.961.7302

5. cats said on March 18, 2010

dressing post-partum is so much harder than dressing while pregnant! fitted things look great pregnant; not so much after the baby.

6. jora said on March 18, 2010

I like the nursing tops by Milkstars!

7. Elisabeth said on March 19, 2010

I had a nursing uniform: pants or skirt of some sort, a nursing tank top (I was partial to glamourmom long tanks), a really cute cardigan, and a light scarf. The best part of this uniform is that it works for any weather below 80 degrees or so and you can nurse discreetly without any accessories (I had a nursing cover and used it when I had to wear something not conducive to nursing, but I found this outfit easier). When you nurse, you just move the cardigan out of the way, undo your nursing tank top, and drape the ends of the scarf to hide anything you don't want to show. Unlike the nursing covers, it doesn't call attention to the fact that you're breastfeeding, which is kind of nice. Plus, once my daughter was past the newborn stage, she really didn't like being under the cover. This way she wasn't hidden, but my breast was. Hope this is helpful. I thought breastfeeding was one of the few things where I really felt somewhat unprepared as a new mom.

8. Anonymous said on March 19, 2010

Anything by Rachel pally (or anything made of that soft, stretchy jersey) worked great for me!

9. Giovanna said on March 19, 2010

these are soo adorable. i'm so excited that michele launched her etsy store, because they'd make the perfect gifts for my friend who just had a baby. score!
    ps. your son is so beautiful. congrats!

10. Paisley Petunia said on March 19, 2010

I was just at Principessa on Abbot Kinney, they have a lot of cute dresses for spring :) good luck shopping

11. carolina postcard said on March 19, 2010

Those fit rather nicely in my obsession for all things with elephants! Not sure why they're my current crave, but they're so darn cute. What a sweet gift and can't wait to check out her site. Have a great weekend!

12. Sara E. Cotner said on March 22, 2010

So, so cute! I'm inspired to start sewing…

13. 權選 said on March 23, 2010

^^ 謝謝你的分享,祝你生活永遠多彩多姿!........................................

14. LisaB said on July 8, 2010

Late to the party, but I was struggling with the nursing-mama clothes too, and found a few things I'm wearing literally every day and wanted to pass them on in case you're still looking:
    1) Mayreau cowl neck dress from One In The Oven;
    2) Vanna tank dress from Trendy Tummy.
    Both are in soft jersey-ish fabric and feel great on, easy to nurse. DOTE also has some cute-looking (formal) things, but I think you have to order from Singapore.

15. LisaB said on July 8, 2010

PS, I got married right around when you did, had a son a week or two after you did–found my way to your blog because I used to work with your dad.