June 18, 2010

berries

Are majorly in season in our backyard at the moment. I leave you for friday and this practically official first weekend of summer and longest of the year, with them. They would be so delicious with some vanilla ice cream, if I could eat vanilla ice cream.

We’re off today to San Diego for another wedding. This time of our good friend Allison. I’m a bridesmaid… though I think I’m now officially a bridesmatron? How does that work exactly?

Have a delicious summery weekend full of maybe pie and the accompanying dairy products. How I miss old fashioned dairy products.

comments

1. Char said on June 18, 2010

i always wondered that about bridesmaids too *shrugs*

hope you have fun. and yes, i love blackberries. gorgeous shot.

2. lisa said on June 18, 2010

yummy blackberries. I say you're a bridesmaid, married or not!

3. The French said on June 18, 2010

Blackberries in your backyard? Jealous.

I know vegan ice cream isn't even close to the real thing, but if you're really hankering for 'ice cream'. I've had some from Nice Cream and it's not bad. Pretty good in fact…but, I know, it still ain't the real thing.

Have a great weekend:)

4. Rachel said on June 18, 2010

Blackberries are my fav! I'm headed to the farmers market in the morning.
    on a side note, I hopefully donned the last bridesmaid dress this spring. My closet looks like the one in 27 Dresses.

5. Lisa said on June 18, 2010

Its not the same as regular ice cream, but Coconut Bliss is pretty good (soy and dairy free). I get mine at Whole Foods. I like the plain coconut flavor (delicious with berries and honey) and chocolate the best but they have a bunch of other flavors too.

6. nicole leigh smith said on June 18, 2010

have a great weekend! Those berries look divine!!

7. Caroline said on June 18, 2010

Have a wonderful weekend!! And I love blackberries drizzled with honey mmm! xo

8. {lovely little things} said on June 19, 2010

We've had lots of great raspberries at our local market, I always get excited to have them with my morning cereal.

9. Claire said on June 19, 2010

How nice to have these wonderful berries growing in your backyard. There are so many yummy ways to eat them.

10. 文剛 said on June 19, 2010

看看blog放鬆一下,工作累死了…..............................................................

11. lovelymorning said on June 22, 2010

Trust me I've tried many (perhaps all?) dairy free alternatives and while I appreciate the suggestions, nothing is a good enough substitute for cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. nooooothiiingggg.