July 21, 2010

a music video of your birth

This might be the next big thing since the Super 8 wedding vids.

Leo Hart from The Panic Room Videos on Vimeo.

(couldn’t embed the actual video here).

A gorgeous end to the Walk to 40 weeks series on Pacing the Panic room. Such a pretty memory from their son’s birth and the music is spot on. Keep in mind this woman has been in labor for 50+ hours. And she still looks completely beautiful and in control to the very end. Maybe I DO need a home water birth for the next babe? Or perhaps a doula who is very skilled with the video camera.

I don’t think I looked anything like this. More like a very freaked out rodeo horse. I shall file this away as inspiration, at the very least.

comments

1. jora said on July 21, 2010

I saw that awhile ago and watched it like 50 times in a row. Totally inspirational and makes me a little sad I won't be doing that again….not that I looked anything like that either!!

2. CrispyTart said on July 21, 2010

Amazing right? I had a planned home/water birth but ended up having to be at hospital. Realizing theres no way I would have looked like this after 50 hrs of labor! Come on!! Will tell you story when I see you at yoga! Thinking we will be there next week!!

3. Meg said on July 21, 2010

I feel like that would just end up as a super 8 video of me cursing at people.

Well. I guess super 8 videos don't have SOUND, so that's good.

4. Anna said on July 22, 2010

So beautiful! Watched it with tears streaming down my face. What a lovely event.

5. The Panic Room said on July 22, 2010

Thank you for linking to the video from this lovely space.

6. Rachel said on July 23, 2010

This made me a little teary and I'm not even a mom yet. What a great video.

7. Ros said on August 9, 2010

freaked out rodeo horse! Im laughing my ass off, that's exactly what I felt like too!!