July 6, 2010

holiday weekend… sans summer

Can someone please tell me what happened to our budding summer? It was mostly grey and sad all weekend and this morning it’s raining. Come on! This is July, universe. Pls send warm weather soon.

Some things we did:

Plucked radishes for salad

Took the baby to First Friday’s on Abbot Kinney, where we attempted to get a drink at The Tasting Kitchen. They have delicious drinks, btw, with all sorts of yummy ingredients.

We ended up enjoying our libations in the entry, while Dashiell played in the corks.

Walked to our local farmer’s market for dinner supplies… this is why you have a stroller apparently.

And had 4th of July dinner with Melanie and Sky in the backyard. Tequila cocktails and quinoa burgers. I can’t drink tequila due to an old drinking injury from college and my quinoa burger recipe needs work. But it was delicious and fun any way.

Need sunshine now. Need.

comments

1. jamie said on July 6, 2010

see, people, it's not just me?

where IS summer?

looks like a blast, anyways!

2. The girl behind the blog. said on July 6, 2010

Summer is missing all over North America… but I am sending all my good summer vibes your way.

And they say that if its a sad summer; it will be a long and lovely fall:)

3. HotHouse Orchid said on July 6, 2010

Really? Wow. We are baking on the east coast. 103 degrees today! Wish I could send some high temps and sun your way – we've got waaay too much summer over here.

4. Char said on July 6, 2010

weather is crazy this summer. so glad you had a good weekend. and i love the heart that i see in the radish shot

5. anne said on July 6, 2010

i love those glasses! where are they from?

6. Simply Mel said on July 6, 2010

When you get the quinoa burger recipe happily 'packaged' ~ can you share? Please oh please!

7. Life of a Doctor's Wife said on July 6, 2010

Beautiful photos! I love the handful of radishes!

And I giggled at your "old drinking injury." That is totally me with Malibu Rum.

8. Cinnamon said on July 6, 2010

I just moved to Long Beach and I woke up this weekend wondering where all the sun I heard about all the time actually was, and hearing all my Northern California friends talk about the 80 and 90 degree weather. What is up with that? And I am fully convinced after seeing all the moms walk around that strollers are just fancy cup holders :)

9. Caroline said on July 7, 2010

I love all of these photos and love eating radishes with butter … SO GOOD!

10. Jennifer said on July 7, 2010

drinking injury! i love that and i'm going to have to steal it. how long after sowing radish seeds can you harvest them? thx!

11. lisa said on July 7, 2010

looks like fun. sorry about the weather though, it's super hot in VA. BTW, I love that nail polish color, what's it called?

12. Meg said on July 7, 2010

Not summer :(

But the baby is so BIG! Huge! I was like, who's that kid? Is that a stunt double? WAIT A MINUTE!

13. lovelymorning said on July 7, 2010

Jamie – I know. and for a while I was rubbing our LA summer in your SD face. Now we are united in the gloom.

Anne – the cocktail glasses? They are Iittala Ultima Thule. You can buy vintage on ebay or brand new anywhere. Just google the name.

Mel – Of course! It is my summer mission.

Lisa – it's from Jcrew. I think it's called Jazz. good eye!

Meg – OMG haaa. Stunt double. I know, it's crazy. He's like a 3 year old already. And yeah. We're pretty much SF right now in terms of summer weather. Is depressing.

14. heather said on July 8, 2010

hmmm. we must have the same drinking injury…

15. Shannon Fricke said on July 8, 2010

beautiful photos. great blog.

16. olivia rae said on July 14, 2010

wow, quinoa burgers sound incredible. can you post a recipe? your food always looks so lovely! xox