October 15, 2010

Baby bean bags

FIRSTLY, you can subscribe to my feed now. I hope. There’s a little icon in the right column for you reader peeps. Or you can just click here. (Pls. let me know if you still have problems!)

Next, I finally got around to making a little set of those bean bags I bought from M•O•M for Dashiell, for a friend’s baby. Born in June. I’m a wee bit behind.

They’re really pretty easy to make. Little squares, sewn into bags and filled with lentils.

They are so perfect for tiny hands learning to grab and squeeze and toss. And such a great way to use pretty fabric scraps. I think they’re going to be my go-to present for new mamas.

Let’s all go on and enjoy the weekend now, shall we?

comments

1. Desi said on October 15, 2010

They are really easy to make. I had my favorite kid over and as he was taking a nap I whipped up a set from scrap fabric. The bottoms were done in linen left over from some ikea curtains. Whenever he is over they provide a lot of entertainment.

I filled mine with different grains (black beans, rice, small lentils and large lentils) because I wasn’t planning on making any. He loves the different noises and textures.

2. Giovanna said on October 15, 2010

These are great! I think I just found a present for my best friends’ adorable baby girl. Plus, it seems like a non-scary sewing project for me. :) Love the new blog redesign, btw.

3. Cassi said on October 15, 2010

How cute! I love your fabric swatches. When you first posted about M∙O∙M., I visited her website and saved a picture of the bean bags, making a note to DIY some for the new moms in my life…funny. Actually, in all honesty, I made a note also to keep a set for myself cuz they look fun + I’m easily entertained. :)

4. Ashley said on October 17, 2010

Love these…what a perfect gift for all the mommies-to -be in my life!
    Love the new blog also!

5. Crystal said on October 29, 2010

These are great. I’m actually making something just like this for my girlfriends. Instead, they’re filled with rice and can be warmed in the microwave and put in your coat pocket to keep your hands warm during those cold winter days. Much more beautiful, and green, versions of those little one use set of hand warmers you can buy at the store.

6. Colleen said on February 1, 2011

I’m not s sewing but I’ve vowed to be more crafty this year. How on earth do you get the lentils in there? please help! I must be missing something. Btw, your blog is great!

7. womens hair loss treatment said on May 2, 2013

Hey! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?

There’s a lot of folks that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Cheers

8. Lisa said on March 25, 2014

Love these, thanks heaps for the easy to follow instructions. Adore your choice of fabrics, are they vintage pieces? Where did you get them pls? Cheers, Lisa :)