November 22, 2010

Jillian’s nursery

Can. Not. Believe. That it’s Thanksgiving this week. Oh my. I figured I could at least get it together for a short week of posts. But I’m a little overwhelmed by the prospect of December already. Let’s not think about that at the moment, kay?

Jillian, one of my 100LC partners, is having a baby in the next few weeks. Yay! Another baby! (There can never be too many babies, if you ask me.)

(Aren’t her belly pics by Jenny Ebert great?)

She’s an event designer and prop stylist and her hubs Scott is a photographer. Good combo for a cute nursery photo shoot, yes? They live in Brooklyn, and don’t have a ton of space. So Jillian turned her closet into the baby nook in their bedroom. Yes, she gave up her closet for the babe. Motherhood starts way before the baby arrives, in so many ways.

Look how cute it turned out!

So excited to see who comes out of her belly! I love it when people keep the gender a surprise!!

comments

1. anne-marie said on November 22, 2010

So cute and stylish. I love the yellow tights on Jillian. Too cute and big congrats!

2. charlane said on November 22, 2010

so sweet and adorable – love that mobile.

3. nicole b. said on November 22, 2010

Congrats, Jillian! Perfect room for her little boy OR girl. What is your prediction, Kristina? Is there an “office pool”/wagers on the gender among the 100LC team?

4. Helena - A Diary of Lovely said on November 22, 2010

Stunning, just as everything Jillian does

5. Kristina said on November 22, 2010

My prediction is GIRL. But I don’t consider myself to be intuitive at all. I just decided that girl was my vote.

We’ll see very soon!

6. Amanda Halbrook said on November 22, 2010

I vote BOY! (for the record). I haven’t had a clairvoyant dream about it yet like I did with yours though, Kristina. But let me see if I can channel my baby psychic powers in the next few days to confirm :)

7. Jillian said on November 22, 2010

Amanda, maybe in order for you have a clairvoyant dream I need to be closer to you. :( Our distance could be blocking your psychic powers. Ha!

I’ve thought from the beginning that I could be having a girl but as it gets closer it feels more and more like a boy. We can’t wait to find out….ahhhhh the suspense!

xx ~ jillian

8. Emily said on November 22, 2010

Jillian, you look absolutely beautiful! I am so excited for you and Scott!!

9. Meg said on November 22, 2010

Oh, I love this. At first I thought the whole thing was her closet, and I felt a little stabby, because who has an epically huge walk in closet in Brooklyn? And then I realized just the crib was in the closet, and I was like GENIUS this girl RULES!

We have a kind of walk in closet in our living room, kind of being the operative word. I think it’s got baby written all over it, one day.

10. emily said on November 22, 2010

Do you happen to know where she got her crib? It looks nice and small. I have the same situation, a small one bedroom condo and a baby on the way – we’re going to tough it out for a while, and so I’m looking for things for the baby’s “room” (closet).

11. Scott said on November 22, 2010

We have limited resources and space… but a baby will need the love… and that is what Jillian and I plan on.

12. Kristina said on November 22, 2010

@emily I think their crib is the bloom Alma Urban crib:

But I know Jillian got theirs on craigslist, which is an awesome place for baby gear!

13. erica said on November 22, 2010

jillian is the most beautiful pregnant woman ever! and what an adorable little space.

i vote girl. but i guess girl for everyone. and i was wrong with you, kristina. we’ll soon see!!!!

14. melissa davis said on November 22, 2010

Love those nursery shots! (Which reminds me I am overdue to take photos of my little guy’s nursery!!)

15. Sara said on November 23, 2010

love the “nursery”!! soo cute, stylish and practical.

16. Kendra said on November 23, 2010

Yay! Thanks for posting. Can’t wait to see it in person. Jilli never ceases to amaze. Only she would see that much cuteness in a closet!

17. leigh said on November 23, 2010

swooning over her style and those little booties in the last pic.

18. kera said on November 23, 2010

found you through an image on tumblr. Absolutely beautiful images, and great blog!! xx

19. Suzy A said on December 4, 2010

Love the nursery and especially those booties. Can you tell me where she got the booties? I’ve been looking for a pair for my baby. Thanks!

20. Claudine said on December 4, 2010

Had the pleasure of seeing the baby digs in person. It’s absolutely ingenious and adorable. Hopefully Cute Bear from London will fit right in.

PS. I have a feeling it’s a boy.

21. Jillian Clark said on December 8, 2010

Hi Suzy! the booties are vintage Staheekum leather baby moccasins. yeah, so adorable. my girlfriend scored them on eBay! these are also really awesome, and handmade! http://www.quemeez.ca/

22. Claire said on December 17, 2010

should she be wearing heels like that with that bump!! Absolutely gorgeous photos.

23. Kimberly said on January 3, 2011

I saw this nook posted on Ohdeedoh – so funny it turned out to be Jillian’s baby nook!

So excited to see how it came out!

24. Wilburn Schatzle said on February 24, 2011

This informative article encouraged me a lot! Bookmarked the site, extremely excellent categories just about everywhere that I see here! I really appreciate the information, thank you.

25. bridget said on March 13, 2011

i love her nursery and her pregnancy outfit!

and today is day two of me skipping around your blog. i am just loving it (which i already told you – but compliments can and should be given, twice).

26. justine @ lovemaki said on April 25, 2011

so stylish! i love the photos, and those baby boots! i have the same one except in blue:P

27. tc said on June 1, 2012

LOVE the changing table — where is it from?

28. John871 said on July 11, 2012