December 14, 2010

It’s beginning to look a lot like

Well, you know.

(What does one do with this many jalapeños?)

I tried to resist the christmas pajamas. I did. But I found these at the consignment store over the weekend and the little reindeer feet wouldn’t let me leave the store without them.

comments

1. Olivia said on December 14, 2010

the reindeer feet are so amazing! love these photos… so fresh feeling!

2. joslyn said on December 14, 2010

i always fall prey to the xmas pjs too ;-)

re: jalepenos…make a HUGE vat of salsa and give jars away as gifts??

xoxo

3. jamie said on December 14, 2010

so cute. :)

4. ashley maureen said on December 14, 2010

that first photo is so festive & serene! love it.
    and the reindeer-footed pj’s? adorable.

5. Katie said on December 14, 2010

Gorgeous!!

and how sweet is your little guy. You definitely couldn’t leave those reindeer feet behind.

6. Katie McNamara said on December 14, 2010

jalepeño jelly! so easy & perfect for little gifts—so yummy on a cracker with cream cheese!

and I love those little feet!

7. sk said on December 14, 2010

I loooove jalapeno jelly! Yum. Or pickle them.

I also love your sweet little red and white bunting. SO pretty.

8. Jackson Riley said on December 14, 2010

do NOT resist the Christmas pajamas! some of my favorite memories and photographs from my childhood is me and my sister in our Christmas pajamas by the tree. They are at once the perfect mixture of sweet and nerdy and sentimental and adorable. and mine never even had reindeer feet, which (I think) elevates it to a whole new level.

9. Kristen said on December 14, 2010

Such lovely images of this wonderful time of year!

In the past, I’ve chopped up my crop of jalapenos and put them in the freezer to use all year round in soups and stews.

Happy holidays!

10. piper said on December 14, 2010

what consignment stores do you shop at for your little one? i’m also local and curious to find some goodies.

11. Ani said on December 14, 2010

my favorite salsa recipe:
    place chopped onions, garlic, green tomatoes, cilantro and a few peppers on a pan, let them grill for a while (no oil or anything), when they get a little color or have little burned parts, get them out and put them in the blender, add salt, blend. enjoy.

12. Rachel (heart of light) said on December 14, 2010

So sweet! Although I’ll admit that I hated those footie pajamas as a kid – as soon as I learned how to use scissors, those things were history.

13. Liz said on December 14, 2010

jalepeno jelly would be fantastic. or pickled jalepenos? jalepeno cornbread to go alongside some chili (again, more there too). I think a combo of all three could take care of your stash tout suite.

the pj footies? delicious.

14. Jessica said on December 14, 2010

Where did you get that shelf that you have the frame on? It’s awesome!

15. Deepali said on December 14, 2010

I got similar footed pjs for my son and they are too cute for words. Love the picture, capturing just the feet, precious!

16. kat said on December 14, 2010

slice ‘em and make pickled jalapenos! (like ice box pickles… sooooooo easy!)

17. Debi van Zyl said on December 14, 2010

roast the jalapenos on the bbq until skin is puckered and black… put in plastic bag, seal to soften skin. let cool… remove skin and then use what you need for tasty spicy meals OR freeze for future… the smoky roasted pepper adds so much flavor. i do this with all the extra peppers i have…. too good to go to waste!

18. Kristina said on December 14, 2010

Oooh! So many good jalapeño ideas! I was sort of planning on pickling them. But maybe just roast and freeze? We shall see. Or salsa? I love the salsa gift idea.

@piper the PJs are from a newish one on Lincoln and Bay (just south of Pico) in Santa Monica. It’s just called Kids Consignment (from what I can tell), and it’s HUGE and has tons of stuff and is really well organized. There’s also Once and Again on Santa Monica Blvd, a little one on Ocean Park and 17th, and one on Pico, right next to Children’s Book World, (which if you haven’t been to CBW, you HAVE to go. Tis amazing).

@Rachel luckily he’s not dextrous enough yet to handle scissors.

@Jessica – Room & Board. It IS awesome!

Such a fun time of year, isn’t it?

19. Alexis said on December 15, 2010

Henry is 2 and this year we dove head first into xmas pj’s and I have even surrendered to a bit of Disney under the tree. What can I say… he is going to be one happy little boy and it is going to be a blast ;).

20. size too small said on December 16, 2010

the little reindeer feet are perfect!

21. Melissa said on December 16, 2010

I want some reindeer on my feet too!

22. Amanda said on December 18, 2010

Reindeer foots!

23. jamey said on December 24, 2010

my mom made something called pepper sauce which was just the peppers in a bottle. heat vinegar & sugar (some recipes call for garlic or salt) and pour over peppers. used to sprinkle over greens, peas & all manner of cooked veggies.