December 29, 2010

Spiced persimmon tea cake

Hello from deep drifts of snow! We’re pretty much snowed in today, which is so cozy and nice. The fire is crackling, tea is brewing, books are being read, keyboards are clicking away, Madeline Peyroux is singing softly on the stereo. Winter so novel!

I have a little guest post up on The Kitchn right now that I thought some of you might be interested in: Spiced Persimmon Tea Cake. Yum.

Thanks for having me, Faith!

comments

1. nicole b. said on December 29, 2010

This looks amazing! Thank you! xo.

2. Meghan said on December 29, 2010

That looks amazing. I have wanted to buy some persimmons, but was at a bit of a loss for what to do with them beyond gaze at their loveliness,

3. Kara said on December 29, 2010

Ooooh! I wish I had seen this when I still had a tree full of persimmons. I, too, was at a loss besides salad and, well, Thanksgiving decorations. Can’t wait until next fall’s harvest to try this!

4. Kelsey said on December 29, 2010

I just bought my first persimmons at the Gilbert Farmer’s Market last week and didn’t know what to do with them. Now I know how I’ll be spending this wonderful gray evening!

5. alyson said on December 29, 2010

yum. I made a persimmon cake for Christmas with a light cream cheese icing – it was amaaaaazing! can’t wait to try this, and your persimmon pudding!

6. Caroline said on December 29, 2010

I love persimmons and made the tastiest persimmon cookies around Thanksgiving. This recipe looks delicious and your snow day sounds so blissful. Hugs!

7. michelle said on December 29, 2010

I’ve never had persimmons before, but this cake sounds delicious!

8. Melissa said on December 29, 2010

I’ve been taunted by this throughout Twitter ~ I’m going to make it this weekend!

9. Johanna said on December 30, 2010

Delicious. I love your recipes! Thanks for sharing!

10. Cassi said on December 30, 2010

Love Madeline Peyroux AND persimmons! :) I have a bunch right now that are about to turn, so thank you for this recipe.

11. Emily (The Culinary Couple) said on January 4, 2011

We ate some really perfect persimmons while visiting my in-laws in California over Christmas. Now I just need to find them in Pennsylvania so I can make this cake!