December 17, 2010

The tree

It’s not really all that spectacular, but a few of you asked to see it so here we go. Actually I think my favorite part might be the vintage Mexican wool table runner I used for the tree skirt. Another excellent find at my grandparents’ house.

Do you like the ribbons of sequins? I bought 10 yards at Lincoln fabrics and used it as garland around the tree. I think it’s kind of awesome. Dashiell’s first Christmas ornament is from Paloma’s Nest. It doesn’t SAY baby’s first Christmas, but that’s okay with me.

And for those of you interested in vintage ornaments? There are TONS on ebay. And lots on Etsy too. Love the idea of using vintage cookie cutters for ornaments. And look at this cute shop!

Happy Friday! Only one week to go. I’m just about to start panicking.

comments

1. jamie said on December 17, 2010

do you know how much i love getting snippets of your house?

and i might just buy some sequins today. (i already need to buy sequins today anyways, but now i might also buy the linear kind too.)

also, is that a little owl in the back of the second photo? is he vintage?

2. nicole b. said on December 17, 2010

Beautiful, Kristina. Great idea to use the ribbon of sequins as garland, and I absolutely love Baby D’s ornament. You are totally on top of your Christmas game. Bravo! xo.

3. betty said on December 17, 2010

OMG OMG, I looooove the sequin ribbon garland! Our tree is already decked, but I just might *need* to add some of that… ;)

4. Caroline said on December 17, 2010

I love it!! It is simple and sweet. Hope all is well! XO

5. celia said on December 17, 2010

mexican table runner. genius!

also, i’ve found that my mom’s attic is an excellent place to find vintage ornaments. ;)

6. Rachel (heart of light) said on December 17, 2010

Do you know, I’ve never actually made it inside Lincoln Fabrics? I should probably be checking it out, right?

7. Amanda Jane said on December 17, 2010

What a beautiful home…and I LOVE the ribbons of sequence. great idea

8. Kelsey said on December 17, 2010

So lovely and cozy. And I love getting to peek at your home-decorating style.

9. joslyn said on December 17, 2010

it’s very pretty…and yes, the mexican runner is killer!

10. Gretal said on December 17, 2010

I love it! It seems like I’m not the only one delighted and intrigued by the first picture… (that console! that couch! the picture wall!) Maybe you’d like to take us on a house tour sometime?

11. Marty J. said on December 18, 2010

Love your tree, Kristina! Like you, we inherited a ton of vintage ornaments a couple of years ago from a good family friend. I love how much prettier they make the tree. Happy holidays!

12. Kristina said on December 19, 2010

Thanks you guys! It’s definitely homey, our tree. But I’ve never been one for a matchy-matchy christmas tree. And you all DO need sequins. BAD.

@jamie – I love getting snippets of your house too! The owl is from Mudpuppy on Etsy.

@rachel – I cannot believe this. You NEED to go!

@Gretal – House tour probably won’t be happening any time soon, but thank you so much for such nice words! House is a disaster, with baby + me working at home + limited time. I would be mortified to show all the scary little corners on the internet.

13. Caroline C said on December 19, 2010

I love the sequined garland! So festive with a hint of glamor.

14. Jessica said on December 19, 2010

Kristina! The living room looks great. And that tree is adorable! Also love Dash man’s first ornament, totally necessary :)

15. elissa @ faucethead said on December 20, 2010

it turned out beautifully! my weekend was spent running around in full christmas panic mode. at least the holiday shopping is officially done. phew!

16. Amanda said on December 21, 2010

Is too spectacular.

17. mrs. may said on December 22, 2010

Hi! Well I’d like to see the house tour… even the messy one! I love looking at other people’s homes!