December 16, 2010

Winter baby booties

I’ve been on the hunt for the perfect little shearling lined baby booties. Or at least something warm and soft and comfortable for little feet in a cold house. I haven’t purchased any yet, but I’ve found some really cute ones that I thought some of you might like to see/purchase-for-yourself-even-though-you-claim-they-are-for-the-baby.

These from Echo Country Outpost, at least the ones with the shearling, are high on the list. The ones without the shearling are awesome too, but then I’m veering away from slippers and straight into moccasin territory. Must stay focused.

There’s always the classic Minnetonka.

Or do I just go with Uggs? the ones that lace up the back are pretty darn cute. But they are outdoor booties. Maybe I need TWO different kinds of booties?

Or I skip the leather/shearling idea and get nice soft house booties with leather soles. Need something non-slip for feet that are just about to start walking. (If you don’t know Shak-Shuka, you are about to freak out. They have SUCH good stuff! But it’s in pounds. Hmmrpf. **Update, EUROS. I’m an idiot and read any sign other than $ as £.)

Or maybe just good old knitties? Which really make me want to start knitting. (Via Amy.)

These are super pretty too, sent over by Jillian, who had her little guy on Sunday. I was wrong about the gender, obviously. Welcome William Grayson!

That’s what I have so far. Any others I should know about?

comments

1. Sarah J said on December 16, 2010

Love your blog! Every kid I know has the Padraig knitties and they seem to last forever. My little was gifted a pair and I can’t wait till he fits them (and walks)

2. Deepali said on December 16, 2010

These are so cute! I bought a pair of slippers for my 2 year old for the same reason, but he refuses to wear them, I am a little bummed about that.

3. Mama Shak-Shuka said on December 16, 2010

Thank you so much for including our booties, as well as the kind words about our site! We love your site too, and hope to see you more often at Shak-Shuka! (PS: our prices are now in Euros, but *soon* we will have multiple currency capabilities!)

4. jora said on December 16, 2010

we always put the kids in the hanna andersson mocs, (http://www.hannaandersson.com/style.asp?from=SC%7c21%7c1%7c156%7c45%7c11%7c%7c&simg=22896_011) but i have to say those shearling lined ones are calling my name!

5. Rebecca Brams said on December 16, 2010

I had these Soft Star Roos for Elan when he was little and they were so precious and cozy:
    They also come in grippy bottoms. And their boots are hilarious! If I lived somewhere cold enough to justify $54 for baby boots, I’d probably get these:

6. blake said on December 16, 2010

aw, these are killing me. I didn’t even realize my boy needed some cute house booties. But, he really DOES need them! Bad.

7. Katie said on December 16, 2010

I have the Padraig Cottage ones for myself and they are THE most comfortable slippers I have ever worn. I love that they knit but also lined in shearling! AND you can throw them in the wash and they come out clean and fluffy and looking like new. AND they are made my a small local company (local to me at least :) )

I think you know which get my vote but the Minnetonkas and last pair you posted are pretty stinking cute too :)

Katie

8. Angi said on December 16, 2010

The Padraig Cottage ones are brilliant! My son and daughter were them everyday and it keeps their feet toasty warm and dry.

But I agree that they are all very cute. Good luck picking!

9. TheRachel said on December 17, 2010

I am so glad to hear that others are singing the praises of Padraig Cottage slippers! My husband and I each have a pair (no littles for us yet) and we are gifting a pair to my sister for Christmas, b/c they are truly THE BEST slippers we’ve ever worn. We live in them!

10. carrierodger said on December 17, 2010

we found these super cute slipper in paris, they are made just outside of the city and have been since the 40′s – more like socks than booties but perfect for our chilly hardwood floors back in canada (non-slip AND washable!)…

11. Melanie said on December 20, 2010

we are knitting in january