January 17, 2011

Look who’s getting a baby passport

So amid all the crazy work and social/family obligations I have going on, we’re also attempting to prepare for our trip to Costa Rica next month. Which means, obviously, expediting passports because instead of sending away for them in September like I’d planned to, I have yet to fill out an application. But we did get photos taken yesterday.

Is there anything cuter than a baby passport!?!

And mine is no longer valid since I’ve changed my name. Even though my current one has only been used one time. Mildly irritating, don’t you think?

Plus I’m attempting to plan someone’s first birthday party. Okay, I’m considering attempting to plan the first birthday party, for the weekend after we get back from our trip. Would I be a terrible mother if we just celebrated his birthday in Costa Rica with some cold beers and a dip in the ocean?

He’s going to be so international turning one out of the country.

comments

1. Kelsey said on January 17, 2011

I had to expedite my passport renewal for our honeymoon (Vancouver). That rush delivery fee hurts! Who remembers their first birthday? I think something low key in Costa Rica is the way to go!

2. Johanna Inman said on January 17, 2011

You are right. There is nothing cuter!

3. Annie said on January 17, 2011

We’ll be in Costa Rica next month as well (but on the Caribbean side) with our almost one-year-old baby girl! She was not spared from the awful passport picture but it looks like your little man was. Cuteness!

4. ashley maureen said on January 17, 2011

that is so adorable! you’ve got me smiling. and i’m in the same boat with the name change– my current passport was used twice. (my husband put his through the wash so i guess it’s new passports all around!)

5. Danielle said on January 17, 2011

Adorable! I just left Costa Rica and let me assure you that it is more beautiful than you can imagine :) enjoy!

6. Jaimie said on January 17, 2011

I’ve never had a passport or even seen one in real life, but YES, baby passports are adorable!

7. Taralyn said on January 17, 2011

My niece had no clue what was going on for her first birthday. Her second, however, now THAT was a birthday with a receptive/perceptive little gift-receiver….

I say, celebrating the first birthday is all about the parents anyway, so do what you two feel best doing. I think a beach in Costa Rica can’t be beat.

8. Melinda said on January 17, 2011

That baby passport adorable! I didn’t know passports with maiden names on them weren’t valid once you change your name? I’ve definitely used mine since I got married, I just booked the flight in my maiden name. No problems.

9. celia said on January 17, 2011

that sounds like a perfect first birthday celebration, if you ask me.

10. Melissa said on January 17, 2011

Definitely celebrate in Costa Rica ~ he will be thankful years from now when he sees his first birthday PARTY was in such a divine place!

LOVE his passport photo!

11. Kristina said on January 18, 2011

@Annie No way!!! I loved the carribean side last time I was there. Highly recommend a little town called Cahuita.

@Melinda I know, I’m an idiot and already book my flight in my married name. And of course I can’t change it. erg.

Thanks for the sane party recs, everyone!

12. Rachel (heart of light) said on January 18, 2011

Dude, he will not remember his first birthday regardless. Just bring a party hat with you and get a picture of him in it.

13. bianca @ terri planty said on January 18, 2011

i have to admit. that is pretty darn cute.

14. Deja said on January 18, 2011

Dash looks so cute!! Celebrate in Costa Rica and then we will have a little, mellow party for him here when you get back!

15. Bonnie @ carolina postcard said on January 20, 2011

What a precious moosh! So jealous about Costa Rica and can’t wait to hear all about it.

16. Lisa said on January 26, 2011

Omg, I know, I’d only used my passport once and then I had to get a new one because of my name! So annoying…I think it should have at least been free!

17. La Franglaise said on February 6, 2011

Totally cute! I had to get a passport for my bubba when he was only 4 weeks old so we actually had to hold his head up for the photo! He was so cute.