February 24, 2011

Happy birthday to my baby

1 year ago today, our tiny 7.5 pound bundle came to meet us:

Happy birthday my sweet sweet boy. I can’t remember what life was like without you.

It’s extraordinary, this parenthood. Just extraordinary.

And we are having a party, btw. Couldn’t get out of it and I think it’s going to be fun after all! Invitations coming soon.

PO.P stripey shirt.
Rowdy Sprout tee, Gap skinny cords (on sale, natch!), crocs.

comments

1. celia said on February 24, 2011

oh god, this just made me cry.
    also, holy cuteness!!

2. Katie said on February 24, 2011

He’s is so beautiful!!!!! Happy birthday baby boy!

3. nicole b. said on February 24, 2011

What a precious boy. Happy birthday, D!

4. Amy K said on February 24, 2011

He sure is a cutie! Happy birthday Dashiell!

5. Amanda said on February 24, 2011

Happy birthday Dashy!! We love you!

6. Kelsey said on February 24, 2011

happy birthday dashiell! and happy one year anniversary of being a mama to you!

7. Jillian Clark said on February 24, 2011

Happy birthday dash!!! Congrats on the one year. You’re both such loving parents dash is a lucky little fella.

btw: scott and I need that Dead shirt and maybe the Beatles one! Liam and Dash will be twins. Ha!

8. What Possessed Me said on February 24, 2011

Wow. You may have just melted my black heart. That baby is REDONK – he just keeps getting cuter. Wait! Did you hear that?! Was that my ovaries twanging?

9. Michelle said on February 24, 2011

I cannot believe how beautiful he is. Oh my god, every picture of him makes me want to have a Dashiell of my own!

10. Nelle said on February 24, 2011

Just so sweet, well done Mama on the first year, such an adorable boy!

11. Patrick said on February 24, 2011

Sure, he’s more adorable than a Popple and all, nobody debates that. But the Crocs? This picture will come back to haunt him when he’s 30 much more so than giving him a bath in the sink. Just razzing you, ‘Steen. Happy belated bday.

12. michelle said on February 24, 2011

Happy Birthday!

13. Danielle said on February 25, 2011

Congratulations & Happy (belated) Birthday! The photos of your gorgeous little boy give me some idea of how my, now 5 month old boy, will look like when he is one (also white hair and blue eyes).

14. norico said on February 25, 2011

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!
    Hi, sorry to disturb you, but I’ve been reading your blog since you were pregnant.. because my friend introduced to me when i was pregnant, too.
    1 years ago, today 25th of Feb, my baby boy was born in Japan.
    I made a cake (eatable for baby) for him, and celebrate with his daddy, grand-pa & grand-ma.

You have a beautiful & gorgeous boy, and I am always looking forward to your updates with the great photos of him :)

15. Ros said on February 25, 2011

Happy birthday little boy….
    I remember reading your birth story a couple of days before having my girl, little Hazel last March, what a year we have had!
    Enjoy your party Dashiell x

16. Megen said on February 25, 2011

Hi Kristina,

First off, I hope you are having a wonderful time in Costa Rica and that both you and your adorable little guy had great birthdays.

My husband and I have been following your blog on and off for almost a year now, in part because we are expecting a little boy sometime around March 22, and have found many of your baby posts to be so helpful. Quick question: What kind of camera do you use? The clarity of both your indoor and outdoor shots is incredible.

Megen

17. Julie said on February 26, 2011

Happy Birthday sweet baby…for the past hour I’ve been reading and reading your blog, and I must say you rock! From your birth story (which was amazing) and everything in between had me captivated. Thank you for inspiring me. xo

18. you are super pretty said on February 26, 2011

best thing i’ve ever heard regarding children: long days short years!
    he’s beautiful. happy first year, baby d!!

19. carolina postcard said on February 27, 2011

Aww… happy bday to your little man! It’s been so fun to watch him grown this year.

And that dead t?! I think I have to go buy one for my little lady right this very second!

20. joslyn said on February 28, 2011

total and complete sweetness. happy, happy b-day to little D!

xoxo
    jos

21. elizabeth antonia said on February 28, 2011

happy birthday sweet dashiell. i am so happy for your little family!!

22. Kristina said on March 1, 2011

Thanks you guys! Half of me can’t believe he’s a year, and the other half of me feels like it’s been 5. Is that normal?

23. Giovanna said on March 2, 2011

Aw, Happy Birthday, Dashiell! He’s so adorable! I’ve been following your blog since before he was born! I can’t believe it’s been a year. Congrats!