March 22, 2011

a rainy day breakfast

It was a stormy grey day on Sunday, and all plans for a family run in Venice, Intelligentsia lattes, and afternoon of prepping the beds out back for veggies were put on hold.

And instead we spent our morning making a serious breakfast. Potatoes and everything.

And then proceeded to have an official pajama day, complete with a Raffi DVD, and dinner at 5pm. What else do you do with your one year old when you’re forced to stay inside all day?

comments

1. deepali said on March 22, 2011

That looks delicious. On our rainy day, which was Monday, I did drag the 2 year old to the grocery store, but other than that it was an animated movie, some play time with crayons and animal flashcards. Then I let him run wild around the house with his toys. He is very independent, luckily.

2. colleen said on March 22, 2011

rainy day, sunny day… I’d like an order of this any day! haha :)

3. Nicole said on March 22, 2011

These are the days to remember. Sounds like a perfect inside sunday!

4. Simple Daisy said on March 22, 2011

Looks like the perfect breakfast if you ask me:) Well….except that I like my eggs scrambled!

5. megan @ the oatmeal diaries said on March 22, 2011

This post made me feel so cozy… now I just want to curl up with tea and pancakes! :)

6. arielle said on March 22, 2011

…looks amazing :)
    just stumbled upon your blog…love it! you have an adorable little family :)

7. Ann said on March 22, 2011

there is nothing else that needs to be done on a day like that. to me, it’s perfect.

8. bigBANG studio said on March 24, 2011

Oh, if *only* a girl could transport herself and her two doggies and her husband to Intelligentsia this very moment, where she might marvel, as always, at those most excellent blue Moroccan tiles, and smile at the showmanship of the tattooed I’m-Not-An-Actor musicians, morselize the last drop of a good latte, and seek momentary floral bliss in that adorable flower shop right next door.

Heaven.

Thanks for transporting me with that one little word, even though your plans for Intelligentsia were postponed. (And Kristina, in the name of Silverlake adventures and adorving baby schtuff, have you been to nearby Yolk? I’m sure the answer is yes, but if not, make haste and get thineself over there tout de suite!)

9. lexi said on April 1, 2011

oh wow – those potatoes look amazing!

xox Lexi
    Glitter & Pearls

10. Michele said on March 12, 2013

lexi shutu

11. Michele said on March 12, 2013

you are so cute gggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

12. Michele said on March 12, 2013