March 23, 2011

Chronicle books spring sale

Hooray! This is the best sale going, I swear. 30% everything on Chronicle’s site. Perfect time to stock up on spring pressies (mother’s day, father’s day anyone?) or buy yourself a special treat.

Some of my faves: any of Lotta Jansdotter’s books, a French General party book, an illustrated bird book for my bird-watching mom, or Plenty from the delicious looking restaurant Ottolenghi in London. I’ve wanted one of their cookbooks for ages. And loads, loads more.

Use the promo code SPRING11 when you checkout!

comments

1. mandie said on March 23, 2011

Oooh- I took advantage of this last time you posted about it(near Christmas) and am so glad I did- beautiful books! Thanks for sharing!!

2. kat said on March 23, 2011

Plenty is SO GOOD! i just made the lentil/squash curry thing and it’s phenom. get. it.

3. Ashley said on March 23, 2011

They do have a wonderful selection of books, but the prices are over 30% more than other booksellers. Don’t want to be a Debbie Downer but…

4. Arji said on March 23, 2011

Plenty is THE BEST cookbook i have ever purchased. Nothing has ever inspired me more to cook and the recipes are easy and written in such a friendly manner for those who are a little unsure of their cooking skills. Can’t recommend it enough!

5. Emily said on March 27, 2011

I have Ottolenghi: The Cookbook (the first one) and it’s wonderful! For lunch today I made their roasted butternut squash with burnt aubergine dip. From the almonds and nigella seeds on the squash to the pomengranate molasses in the aubergine, it has, like all their recipes I’ve tried, such a perfect balance of flavours and is also easy to make. Plenty sounds good too, perhaps you really need both?!

6. qahisnhslj said on July 17, 2011