March 8, 2011

Dashiell goes to Costa Rica

Apologies in advance that nearly every single photo of our trip from Costa Rica contains my baby. He’s a much better subject than, well, pretty much anything else. We had just the best time. And we’d love to spend another few weeks in St. Teresa/Malpais. (We never did figure out the difference). The longer we were there, the more we liked it.

Aren’t his Zebi Baby bloomers the cutest? He wore them almost exclusively. And thoroughly enjoyed playing with large tropical fruit.

Our days went like this: Pool – Beach – Nap. Pool – Beach – Nap. Pool – Beach – Dinner – Bedtime. It was pretty good.

Lots of sweet little restaurants with pretty good food.

Lots and lots of smoothies and juices.

Fully enjoying being the center of attention.

Playing dice with friends in the evening.

Judah and his awesome parents show up and now we have TWO of the cutest babies in all the land on our hands.

The expression of the trip. Also, cannot recommend that Phil & Teds clip on highchair enough! We take it everywhere.

Birthday breakfast wouldn’t be complete without a birthday crown:

The wedding.

And the beautiful bride:

I seriously wish we were still there. I could get used to eating fruit and avocados and living in only a swimsuit and sunscreen. We’re all excited about taking a little “sabbatical” once our kids are old enough to appreciate living in a tiny, spanish-speaking beach town. But that’s years off.

comments

1. jordan said on March 8, 2011

Your photos are beautiful and those two little ones ARE the cutest babies in the land!

2. Caroline C said on March 8, 2011

Wonderful photos. They were just what I needed today to warm up this snowy Tuesday. I’m looking forward to spring even more after seeing these photos!

3. sara said on March 8, 2011

looks like your trip was perfection… and those little naked buns on the shore are delish!

4. Rachel (heart of light) said on March 8, 2011

Sweetness!

And those coral dresses are so gorgeous.

5. amelia said on March 8, 2011

your trip looks amazing! and little D is so.very.adorable.

i’d love to hear any recommendations you might have for getting around/where to go in costa rica! we are going at the end of may, and are starting to think about making more specific plans than “have an awesome time.”

if you have any recs, i’d love to hear from you! ameliapenoli{at}gmail{dot}com

have a great day!!!

6. elizabeth antonia said on March 8, 2011

oh mal pais how i miss you, seriously one of my favorite spots. the picture of you and dash is so beautiful.

7. Desi said on March 8, 2011

Now, I NEEEEED a vacation. Before I was feeling tired and burnt and now I know I’m tired and burnt. How lovely was that trip?

I don’t mind that cute little face being the focal point of your photos. The relaxed island vacation came across without a hitch.

8. Caroline said on March 8, 2011

These photos are beautiful!!!! Costa Rica is one of my favorite places as I visited in 2009 and fell in love with everything there. XO!

9. michelle said on March 8, 2011

Love the birthday pancakes, looks like a fun trip!

10. nicole b. said on March 9, 2011

Wow; what an amazing trip! I could get used to that lifestyle (pool-beach-nap!). Your little mister is soooo precious. xo.

11. Kristin said on March 9, 2011

Beautiful photos!!! I love Dashiell’s expressions!

Would you mind sharing a photography tip with me for shooting kids? I am super new to SLR. I have some basics down but everytime I try to shoot kids I get blurry shots. I imagine there is a really basic thing I’m missing. Mind sharing your settings?

12. RCS said on March 9, 2011

Go Bears!

13. Kristina said on March 9, 2011

@Kristin – I’m definitely NOT an expert in this area! I get tons of blurry photos of babies but eventually a few turn out clear. Babies are so wiggly, aren’t they? A good lens will help a lot, along with some basic knowledge of setting the right exposure, etc.

@Amelia – love to! If I forget to email you, email me!

@RCS – My husband loves you.

14. Cassi said on March 11, 2011

Wow, Dash is so beautiful. I can’t believe how big he’s gotten! I love the photo of him crawling across the table with his eyes fixed on the beer bottle… :)

15. sara said on March 17, 2011

oh my! that picture of the baby buns and brock is adorable. Your photos get better and better as the days go on- really beautiful, kristina!

16. Elle said on March 21, 2011

He is soo adorable!!! Those big beautiul eyes! The picstures look amazing, I wish I could get away asap, lol.