May 3, 2011

a short video break

We’re in major recovery mode at the moment and I haven’t had time to go through photos yet, or finish unpacking, or respond to emails. Maybe you would like to see an iPhone video of Dashiell rocking out to Tuba Skinny while I get myself in order?

This is uncharted territory, the video thing. But this particular one is short and has good tunes, so maybe you will enjoy. Plus there’s bloomers. Brock is not convinced that it’s okay for his son to be wearing bloomers, but I think they are the cutest things ever so until Dashiell outgrows them, he is wearing them every chance I get.

We have a new rule: 5 days is the MINIMUM we will stay when we travel across the country and multiple time zones with the baby. 3 days is just enough to completely exhaust all three of us and require an entire week for recovery. Of course Dashiell woke up at 4 am yesterday morning, right on schedule for Florida time. But he is cute, so I usually forgive him.

comments

1. nicole b. said on May 3, 2011

Cutest thing ever. I love how he’s just STARING at them, completely mesmerized! Ha. Thanks for sharing.

2. mrs. may said on May 3, 2011

cutie pie!

3. alyson said on May 3, 2011

hehehe, super cute.

4. maria said on May 3, 2011

too cute!

5. Kristin said on May 3, 2011

that video is priceless!!!

this past saturday we took our twins (19 months old) up to one of our favorite neighborhoods to run an errand, and while out we walked by a fountain. This was the first time they’d ever seen a fountain with the water shooting high in the air and flowing down each of the pools to the bottom, and we stood there for probably 20 minutes just watching it. they giggled and pointed and were transfixed. and i was just so proud of them and my heart grew two sizes watching them. i love these moments of parenthood.

Sorry for the long comment… just wanted to share.
    xo, Kristin

6. Kristin said on May 3, 2011

priceless! nothing warms your heart quite like a curious kid exploring the world around him.

Sorry for the long comment… just wanted to share.
    xo, Kristin

7. Desi said on May 3, 2011

i love the bloomers! long live bloomers.

loving how curious he is about the music and the instruments.

super cute.

8. Rebecca Brams said on May 3, 2011

i love the clapping. and the gait. so cute.

9. Katie said on May 3, 2011

I think his little bloomers are adorable! Can’t wait to see Florida pics :-)

10. Amy said on May 3, 2011

I LOVE the bloomers! Cute video too! Thanks for sharing!

11. Jessica said on May 3, 2011

Omg. Little Dash in bloomers AND crocs..he’s just so adorable. Can’t wait to see everyone this weekend!!

12. johanna said on May 4, 2011

Oh! He’s so cute watching the band.

13. Kate said on May 5, 2011

So besides being super tired, how was Seaside? We’re actually headed down today because I got a jones going when you posted your plans. Can’t wait!

14. Alexis said on May 6, 2011

i love this… the girls were telling me how darn cute he was… LOVE THE BLOOMERS!!!