July 27, 2011

Go the F*ck to Sleep

Please, PLEASE. Parents of children who have at times refused to sleep reliably come bedtime (or throughout the night), READ THIS BOOK.

It will at least provide a bit of much needed comic relief. We nearly cried while reading it with Melanie and Sky the night of their baby shower (a very hilarious gift).

Oh man. Those were the days. I can happily report that Dashiell now excels at sleeping and in particular going to sleep. There is hope! But wow, those first 5 months. I’m certain I muttered, or at least thought these very same things many times.

comments

1. joslyn said on July 27, 2011

i am 100% with you friend. i laughed so hard my stomach hurt when i read this. it’s totally brilliant

2. celia said on July 27, 2011

L slept for an almost 6-hour period last night. I sprung out of bed at 2 in the morning wondering why she hadn’t woken up. Worried, I went over to her crib to make sure she was still breathing. In a way, I was so shocked that she was totally fine and SLEEPING, so I just stood there for a couple minutes and stared at her in amazement.

3. Heather said on July 27, 2011

Declan is almost 6 months old now and I got my husband this book for fathers day! We are currently going through teething and sleep is especially hard to come by. Each time I pace the room and pass this book on the night stand I can’t help but smile and know that it will get better :)

4. Meghan said on July 27, 2011

I have a feeling that I will need this in 9 weeks.

5. kristin @ contented me said on July 27, 2011

If you have a bit of time, go online to Amazon and you can actually listen to the story being read aloud by Samuel Jackson. To hear him dropping the f*bombs throughout the story is a riot. My stomach hurt from laughing!

6. mercie said on July 28, 2011

you had me at the title. i’m adding it to our list.

7. Lyann said on August 2, 2011

I JUST looked at this in our local gag shop. My little one was begging me to read it to her. I explained it was for adults only. Poor thing, she looked so confused!