March 14, 2012

Dashiell turns two

I was tempted to skip the birthday part altogether this year, I admit. We’ve had so much going on in the last week that it just seemed like one more not totally necessary thing to add to our list. BUT, I’m so glad we decided to have a little party after all. Dashie had fun, the bagels were delicious, the day was warm. And I made my first ever cake. Success all around!

Of course, it ended in mountains of new trucks. But what are you going to do? (Give the old ones to Goodwill, if you’re me. Ooops.)

His party last year included far more preparation and decorations, but that just wasn’t in the cards this time around.

And the cake recipe? Oh, um, yeah. Divine. Rave reviews from party goers. Shall I post it? I think so. Stay tuned.

comments

1. Kelly said on March 14, 2012

Happy Birthday! Looks fun and delicious. When you post the recipe, will you please tell us where you got your necklace? You look so cute!

2. Desi said on March 14, 2012

looks like so much fun. if that cake is the martha stewart carrot cake with about a pound of butter in it, i’m in big trouble. i love that cake it’s so rich…it’s just heaven.

3. Jac said on March 14, 2012

Lady, where is your dress from? My daughters bday is in a month and I will be 4 mo then. Need to find some good long dResses to cover the belly. Thanks!

4. alyson said on March 14, 2012

oh my gosh, his face when he’s getting ready to blow out the candles – CUTE.

5. sara said on March 14, 2012

happy birthday, dudes!
    looks like a fun day…

and before i got to your closing line i was thinking, “um, i think i’m going to need some deets on that cake!”

so yeah… deets, please.

oh, and d is out-of-control-cute… and you look great!

xx

6. Anna said on March 15, 2012

Happy Birthday! Often it’s the least-planned parties that turn out to be the best :). Would love to see the cake recipe. I’m in the middle of an epic baking slump. I just pulled some strangely spongey cupcakes out of the oven so I don’t think it’s ending anytime soon! So disappointing when that happens.

7. Kristina said on March 15, 2012

@Kelly – my necklace is from Loehmanns, like 8 years ago, unfortunately. But it’s literally just wooden beads strung on brown satin ribbon. You could so easily make it!

@Desi – it’s not. But that does sound delicious.

@Jac – My dress is Hardtail, actually. Picked it up on sale at a yoga studio a few weeks ago… sadly it’s almost too small already!

@sara – farther south = even better, I think.

@Anna – I’ll see what I can do. :)

8. Kristy said on March 15, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dashiell! How are our babies growing up so fast! And what ever happened to those weekly pregnancy updates your promos to post? ;-)

9. ellie said on March 18, 2012

i’ve got my little one’s 2nd b-day in 3 months and another one on the way, due in aug. i’m happy you’re ahead of me! i get to see what’s going to happen next!!

ps mevico looked gorgeous!