May 8, 2012

33 weeks

Bigger every week, people. Whine whine whine whine. I feel like the most whiny pregnant lady this time. I can’t help it though. Things are just not as comfortable. But I am starting to get super excited about who will be coming to meet us soon.

We have our first appointment with our doula tonight, which is also exciting. It means we’re getting closer (and I won’t be pregnant for much longer!) and it means that we can start to put a little focus into the birth and our new baby and all of the things that I spent so much time on the first time… but that seem to have been largely over-looked this time around.

I’ve started to fall into the trap again. The trap where I start to fantasize about all the things I’m going to be able to do after the baby comes. Which, as we all know, is laughable. I want to cook and garden and stand on my feet for long periods of time. And since I can’t do that now, I seem to think that I will when I have a newborn. Help me.

Also I realized how amazing a water birth would be. And now I feel sad that I won’t be having one. When we were in Palm Springs, I was having a particularly uncomfortable afternoon, lots of pressure and achy-ness and things, and then I got in the pool and it went away. It was like a miracle. And all of a sudden it clicked. Hrrrmmpphff. Why do they not have tubs at UCLA?

Now I’m starting to think of crazy things like going to the public pool when I go into labor. Or at least a friend’s pool? We’ll see.

I think we’ve come pretty close to settling on names. Last time we had like 3 or 4 for each sex because we wanted to wait to meet our baby to decide. This time, I think we’ll have one for each. And that’s okay too.

How are the rest of you doing? Tick tock, tick tock.

Striped maxi dress by Aqua, from Bloomingdales. Shima teardrop earrings (which you can’t really see, but you should because they are cute) from Misa Jewelry.

comments

1. kellee said on May 8, 2012

aghhh! not fair, you are prettiest pregnant woman EVER!!!! xo kellee

2. rebecca s. said on May 8, 2012

you look absolutely gorgeous! what an exciting time for you. huge congrats to you and your family.

a dear friend of mine had her baby in her living room (!) in a blow up type pool. sounds a bit crazy but she said she won’t do it any other way ever again…

i agree, ucla should have tubs.

3. blake said on May 8, 2012

seriously. such a pretty prego! sorry you’re uncomfortable at times, but you lookin’ good lady. oh, and I want that dress. stop making me spend money!

4. Rachel (heart of light) said on May 8, 2012

You look amazing!

We do have a pool at UCLA … but I think they might notice if someone was laboring in it. : )

5. Ashleigh said on May 8, 2012

33 weeks and looking fab! I am 30 weeks and just looking fat. :) Seriously, I have a garage full of old furniture that I had plans to refinish before the baby arrives – I guess it’s a nesting thing. Except my day is spent with a toddler and during his nap I have a hard time getting myself to laundry and dishes, much less sand a bureau… I think we forget that this discomfort will soon be replaced by that other discomfort – severe lack of sleep! Wishing you well in the home stretch!! (Does UCLA let you bring in your own kiddie pool? A couple hospitals here are okay with that…)

6. Deja said on May 9, 2012

Ahh!! You look amazing! I can’t wait to see you. First of all, no having your baby in the public pool. Eeeww! I will buy you a kiddie pool if you insist on water birth :) And I will help in any way I can, watch Dash, watch bebe, so you can nap, cook, rest, etc. Another benifit of us moving next door!! Yay! BTW, we felt the bebe move for the 1st time last night. So exciting and made it so real!

7. kristy said on May 9, 2012

I wore so many Aqua dresses when I was pregnant with Griffin, and they still look great on nearly 2 years later.
    You look fabulous. I hate you :)

8. ellie said on May 9, 2012

agreed, you look great and i hate you too. :) i’m 9 weeks behind you, but fearing this pregnancy will not be as comfy as my son’s 2 years ago. i am declaring it ok to whine! we have our boy name, but can’t agree on a girl’s. can you give us your leftovers once you’ve named your little one. :)

9. jenna said on May 9, 2012

gorgeous girl! i just want to perhaps ease your mind about not having the chance to do a water birth. it had been my fantasy as well and my room had a tub. i thought i was going to be in it the entire birth. well, guess what. i HATED every minute of it! i was in the most pain in the tub, i wanted nothing more than to get out and be on the bed. i could’ve never dreamt it and almost still can’t believe i how i reacted.

10. Katie said on May 9, 2012

Can you rent a birth tub and bring it with you? I know some hospitals will allow that (and others will think you are absolutely insane!). It might be worth asking though!

11. Melanie said on May 9, 2012

you look BEAUTIFUL my dear. I almost bought baby something today. But it was pink. I refrained.

12. Rebecca Brams said on May 10, 2012

you might feel crappy, but you look fabulous. so at least there’s that!

13. tammy said on May 11, 2012

You look wonderful! I am 32 weeks, so we are practically on the same schedule, so fun. I am trying to stay pretty low key about the birth overall and just calm. But you are an expert so surely it will be wonderful and amazing whether you are in water or on a bed.

14. veronica said on May 13, 2012

i’m wondering how your belly button is doing this time?! you look fabulous and make it look so easy. i am trying to decide if we should have another (our first is just 23 months) and seeing you makes me want one!
    best wishes

15. eli said on May 15, 2012

EEE ! you’re making me jealous. the last weeks are such sweet torture, right ?

16. Yuzz Yusof said on May 28, 2012

Hi! I love your blog and you look amazing at 33 weeks and what a beautiful lady. Love all those pictures taken and very nice blog to read. I hope you are doing well and have a great week ahead!

Cheers
    yuzz

17. Cora Lynn said on May 29, 2012

You look mahvelous, Dahling!! Keep up the good work – was browsing the internet for Bohemian parties and pop ~ there you were!
    Stay Lovely and I’m sending a lil’ Cajun prayer your way for the new bebe~~

18. Megan Taylor said on May 30, 2012

Hello! Just discovered your blog. Congrats on 33 weeks. You look fab in that striped dress and love hearing your thoughts on water birth. Looking forward to reading more!

-Megan

19. Jen said on May 31, 2012

Still looking great! Haven’t heard from you in a few weeks, hope you and baby are OK!!!

20. Jac said on June 4, 2012

Checking in….Hope all is well and just busy!