May 4, 2012

Spring purchases

I’ve been feeling VERY shoppy as of late. I’m just going to admit it. Part of it is probably the fact that I can’t in fact buy myself any cute clothes because I am huge and about to have a baby and then be fat for 8 months (yay!). But I’ve made do with non-apparel purchases. Can you spot a theme?

I’m thinking coral might be the color of the season. I’m not going to feel bad about buying everything I find that I love in that shade.

Finally treated myself to the Clare Vivier bando bag that I’ve had my eye on for approximately two years. In Poppy, of course! (It’s available on Shop Pretty Mommy, but I couldn’t wait so I picked it up at Vivier & Bentley in Silverlake.)

Melanie and I made a trip to Heath and bought everything we could in their new summer collection, including the cute cork-topped canisters. And the ramekins, and a bud vase, and I want everything else too. I posted an Instagram of their summer tablescape. Is to die for.

Coral peonies, natch.

These adorable bracelets from Voz, available in the Pop-Up Shop until tonight at 6 PM. There are sooo many cute ones.

And a teeny Gap treat for new bebe. Their spring things are adorbs.

Shall I list all the things I still want? That might be a little overboard. Maybe I will save for another post… there are some good ones lined up.

comments

1. sara said on May 4, 2012

nice! purchases for me always come in waves, too. i’ll feel pretty settled for a nice while… then suddenly… the urge to get stuff overtakes! pregnancy doesn’t help matters, i’m convinced.

can you believe how close we are?! CLOSE!! xx

2. Ren Lady Of The Arts said on May 4, 2012

I’m loving that bag!

3. Clio said on May 4, 2012

That little towel babygro is the cutest thing ever, I SO wanted to buy it and save it for someone’s baby but thought that might be a little weird! Glad that yours will get to wear it ;)

4. esb said on May 4, 2012

oh, man. i put that bag over my shoulder in the store and then i wished i hadn’t.

5. Kelly said on May 4, 2012

Beautiful choices. I, too, get into a “shoppy” mood now and again because sometimes retail therapy actually works! Happy Friday.

Kelly @ herringbone lane

6. Rachel (heart of light) said on May 4, 2012

I’ve been a little purchase-y too lately (cannot tell you how much I regret making the commitment to post all my purchases this year, of all years).

We visited the Heath as well, and I wasn’t as thrilled with the platters as I expected to be! I’ve definitely switched my “want” over to the bowls. And the ramekins. So pretty.

7. taste area said on May 7, 2012

Ha! I just couldn’t resist to the baby romper myself! I got it a few days ago and it’s the loveliest thing!

8. betsy said on May 8, 2012

Love all these! Random question, Kristina, but do you have a rec for a diaper bag that isn’t necessarily a diaper bag? I think most (all) of the ones out there are hideous, but am a little lost as to what to use instead. What did you do with Dash?

9. lindsey [ourhomegrownspud] said on June 1, 2012

I’ve been following your blog for years…since your beautiful wedding…. crazy how time flies. Anyways, congrats on your second pregnancy… you look lovely. I bought the gap romper for our little spud… its precious, but just be super careful not to wash it with velcro…. it demolishes it :( I washed ours before she could wear it even once with I guess a bib. Big bummer. Can’t wait to see if you’re having a boy or girl babe…. so fun!