June 21, 2012

39 weeks

Okay, 39.5 weeks. Not that I’m counting the days or anything. I’m a proper pregnant lady in waiting at this point. Yesterday I hit the pool in the middle of the day, got a pedicure, went to the market… you know. Today is reserved for yoga and perhaps cleaning out the linen closet? I think this means I’m ready.

Couldn’t resist a few photos with my little guy. Could be his last day as an only, after all. He was a little uncertain about the tripod and camera timer, but then of course he wanted more once I’d put everything away.

My dress is from the nice people at Seraphine, (thank you!). It’s really sweet, very reasonably priced, and guess what? It’s supposed to work nicely as a nursing dress too, which I’m really excited about. Last time I was woefully unprepared for nursing. Not the act of nursing, that was fantastic. But the wardrobe! I had nothing that worked for nursing any place but my bedroom. This time I’m going to be such a chic new mama.

So here we are. Just a few days before my official due date. A word to those of you expecting your second… all that stuff they tell you about being early instead of late? Don’t get too attached to it.

Though I have to say I’m kind of savoring these last few days with nearly nothing to do. It almost feels like vacation.

PS. Three posts in three days. Gold star!
PPS. Why do little boys always have to have a cut/scab on their noses?? We are in a perpetual state of new boo-boos, it seems.

Dress by Seraphine Maternity.

comments

1. Desi said on June 21, 2012

You both look great. I love his little surprised face. He’s not (most likely) going to remember this, but I remember (I was 5) waiting for my brother to be born. I didn’t know what he would be and it was like Christmas. I was so excited.

2. Ren Lady Of The Arts said on June 21, 2012

you look beautiful and ready- best of luck to you!

3. blake said on June 21, 2012

Super ready and beautiful. And Dashie… gosh, beyond precious, that face.

4. allison said on June 21, 2012

gorgeous! i love your blog and have been on the same baby #2 timeline as you. my due date has come and gone (june 18) and here i sit…still waiting….

best wishes to you!!

5. Katie said on June 21, 2012

Please do a post on chic new mama clothes! I am 2 weeks postpartum and I have yet to figure out nursing clothing that allows me to leave the house without looking like a total slob or exposing large amounts of skin.

6. Victoria said on June 21, 2012

You definitely sound ready, especailly with those last ‘nesting’ instincts kicking in. Good luck.

7. shalini said on June 21, 2012

Almost there! You look really lovely! I had my baby at 38 weeks by c-sec, so never got this far!

8. Kristy Hatton said on June 21, 2012

Dash looks so sweet, and completely unaware of what is in store. Good luck, friend! I can’t wait to hear all about it.

9. redfrizzz said on June 21, 2012

you look spectacular. your kiddo is adorable. Here’s hoping for a blissful period of enjoying this pregnancy, and hopes for smooth and powerful birthing. :)

10. Brooke said on June 22, 2012

wheeeee!!! excited for you! love seeing Dash in these photos!

11. Cate said on June 23, 2012

Nice photos! You both look so sweet !

12. Lisa said on June 26, 2012

You look awesome!And nice photos!
    You definitely sound ready,wish you good luck!

13. Elaine said on June 27, 2012

Just saw your pic on instagram. So gorgeous! Congratulations! Enjoy.

14. tammy said on July 2, 2012

I’m due July 5, and contractions started last night, I had membranes stripped Friday night (80% effaced and 2 cm dilated, so they stripped and I thought it would happen this weekend), well its Monday…..yes its my first baby so I know for most folks its late but I just had a feeling he would come early. I am still having contractions although they are not close enough yet, and so I am about to go on a walk. I completely understand this feeling of being so antsy and so ready to be done and so eager to meet the little one inside of you. Wow, wishing you luck, wonder and stamina as you head into this journey with #2! -Tammy