August 13, 2012

Currently love for baby and mama

Some things I’m finding useful this time around… the baby swing in my office is pretty great, while it lasts! Action shot below.

The Miracle Blanket. OMG! Trust me on this one, you don’t need another swaddling blanket. For actual swaddling, that is. The Aden + Anais are beautiful for decorative purposes (I bought these before Forrest was born as a treat to self) – over the stroller, as a light blanket, I even use them for nursing covers when we’re out and about. But they’ve got nothing on The Miracle Blanket when it comes to keeping baby wrapped up tight. No folding, no velcro, just an ingenious design that makes it easy breezy.

These Gap Pure tank tops. They are super long and stretchy, which makes it easy to pull the neck down for nursing. And since they’re so stretchy they don’t seem to get ruined as quickly as others I’ve worn in the past. In truth they’re all I’ve worn for the last 6 weeks.

A white noise app. Brock used this all the time with Dashiell, but I resisted. No! We do not need technology for our baby! Yes, in fact we do. We have an old iPhone with no cell service that we carry around in the stroller and the Ergo and the car. I swear it helps him sleep better. Big fan of tools thing time around. Big fan.

The baby swing. You guys, I’m going to let you in on a little secret. Ready? Baby swings are FOR SLEEPING. Oh, you already knew that? Yeah, well. I didn’t. I totally thought they were for hanging out in whilst baby is awake (which they hate because it probably makes them sick or something). I’m a little slow on the uptake, apparently. Now, we’ve only used it for a few naps so far, but it seems to be amazing. I have it set up in my office and I’m hoping it allows me a few hours of quiet work time every day. At least for a few weeks until he outgrows it. Even better, we’re borrowing Luciana’s. I love passing baby stuff around!

Belgo from New Belgium Brewing. It’s my go-to right now. A Belgian IPA that’s a little sweet and a little bitter. The perfect combination at this very moment for me. Every night. Around 8 pm. Err, sometimes 6. Or 5.

There’s probably more, but the sleep deprivation is setting in and I forget things as soon as I think of them. But it’s temporary, remember? That’s what I’m telling myself.

comments

1. Lina said on August 13, 2012

What a lovely baby you had! whats the beer for? Does it help you with milk supply or just because you clearly deserve it? Take care, this will pass in no time!

2. sara said on August 13, 2012

i need to take a cue from you with the beer. it’s never been my favorite but lately it’s been sounding good.

ditto on the swaddling blankets!! ours have velcro which kinda sucks. we had them for dylan but we hardly used them. this time? every night. heaven.

and the swing! another carry over from last time… mixed reviews from dylan and same from ayler but it’s in my office too and when it gets the green light it makes for a happy mama. i cut the little canopy off when we got it – did you too?!

xx

3. holly said on August 13, 2012

awesome. i love posts like this. with 6ish weeks to go, this is super helpful!!

4. Kelly said on August 13, 2012

The white noise app is a-maze-ing. My daughter had horrible reflux for 5 months and that seemed to be the only thing that calmed her down. We had it on my phone, my husband’s phone, the iPad, and an old non-functioning phone. We wanted to have plenty of backups if needed. And all were the paid version because that has the hair dryer sound, which seemed to calm her best.

5. Jennifer said on August 13, 2012

Loving your posts as I am a few weeks behind you in this whole process. Must take your lead on the beer thing! So far I only take sips of my husband’s beer at dinner. My baby seems to be lasting longer between nursing so I feel like I have more wiggle room. Also, would love to know what nursing bras you use/like. Especially to wear with the racer back tank tops you posted.

Hope you guys are adjusting and making it through this time. It’s crazy how different the second time feels for me. Sending sleep to you and your family.

6. Alison said on August 15, 2012

Ditto and two big thumbs up on the Miracle Blanket. It really is a miracle. And, also my go to in the early months: Dogfish IPA. I’m thirsty…

7. colleen said on August 16, 2012

I’m behind on your blog and wanted to say congratulations! All I wanted to drink post partum was beer! (I still use a white noise app for my toddler too– love it!)

8. www.pochlaniaczewilgoci.pl said on October 17, 2013

Hello! I simply would like to give you a big thumbs up for your
    great information you have here on this post.
    I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

9. Lois Hankinson said on April 10, 2020

Muchos Gracias for your blog post.Really thank you!

10. merge dragons hack no verification said on May 14, 2020

Merge dragons hack 2020 ios android

Go here to utilize Merge dragons Hack ==> https://smarturl.it/99zrw9

Are you looking for: merge dragons cheats, merge dragons hacks, merge dragons cheat,
    merge dragons cheat codes, merge dragons gem glitch or merge dragons
    hack? Follow the link above for a working Merge dragon generator.

Merge Dragons Hack 2020 Unlimited Gems Online Gems Generator, There are great deals of components
    in the total video game which can be altered entirely by the
    players, which are appearances of non-playable and playable personalities, looks, clothing, and so on

. A few of the aspects which can not be changed in the general game are history, songs, style as all of them are influenced by the sort of selection a person makes.

Individuals can download and install the general ready free yet there are lots of functions in the general video game that can be purchased with actual
    Gems.

Passes are just one of the game money of Merge
    Dragons: which is frequently utilized to buy or open new Merge Dragons of the
    tale. Players can obtain 4 free passes in every
    3 hours or they could select to acquire it with actual Gems.The
    3rd choice is to utilize our Merge Dragons Hack.

11. merge dragons hack no verification said on May 15, 2020

[Working Cheats] Merge Dragons Hack 2020 free gems no verification that work

Click on this link to make use of Merge dragons Hack ==>

Are you looking for: merge dragons cheats, merge dragons hacks,
    merge dragons cheat, merge dragons cheat codes, merge dragons gem glitch or
    merge dragons hack? Follow the link above for a working Merge
    dragon generator.

Merge Dragons Hack 2020 Unlimited Gems Online Gems Generator, There are lots of elements in the general game which can be changed totally by the gamers, which are
    looks of usable as well as non-playable personalities, looks, clothes, and so on

. A few of the aspects which can not be altered in the total game are background,
    music, theme as all of them are affected by the type of option an individual makes.

Customers can download the total ready totally free however there are lots of functions in the total video game
    that can be bought with genuine Gems.

Passes are among the video game money of Merge Dragons:
    which is often used to acquire or open new Merge Dragons of the story.
    Players can acquire 4 freebies in every 3 hours or they might choose to buy it with genuine Gems.The third alternative is to utilize our Merge Dragons Hack.

12. merge dragons cheat said on May 15, 2020

Merge Dragons Cheats – Get Merge Dragons Cheats Free Gems

Click Here to make use of Merge dragons Hack ==>

Are you looking for: merge dragons cheats, merge dragons hacks, merge dragons
    cheat, merge dragons cheat codes, merge dragons
    gem glitch or merge dragons hack? Follow the link above
    for a working Merge dragon generator.

Merge Dragons Hack 2020 Unlimited Gems Online Gems Generator,
    There are lots of elements in the total game which can be transformed completely by the players, which are
    looks of non-playable and usable characters, appearances, clothing, etc

. A few of the aspects which can not be transformed in the overall video game are
    background, music, motif as every one of them are affected by the kind of option a person makes.

Customers can download and install the general game
    for cost-free however there are a lot of
    attributes in the overall video game that can be bought with real Gems.

Passes are among the video game currencies of
    Merge Dragons: which is frequently utilized to purchase or unlock new Merge Dragons of the tale.
    Gamers can get 4 free passes in every 3 hrs or they could select to purchase it with real Gems.The third alternative is to utilize our
    Merge Dragons Hack.