November 12, 2012

A list of things for fall

Some things that have been inspiring, helpful, or lust-worthy recently…

This NY Times article on aging. I want to move to Ikaria and grow a garden, drink wine with friends, and possibly live to be 100. (Thanks, Dad!)

Jamie is offering holiday mini-sessions next weekend! Get on it, SD peeps. We’re having our photos taken by her over Thanksgiving weekend and I’m so excited! (PS. I totally ordered a few of those white tees she posted about. Hoping they look as cute on me as they do on her!)

This sweet kitchen shop.

Babble included my blog in a list of the Top 50 Design blogs for moms! Whoa. I am in very very good company over there. Thanks Babble!

These pumpkin donuts… made them last weekend and I wanted them to be delicious. But I think having the kitchen smell like frying oil turned me off. And made me want a giant kale salad for breakfast instead. Donuts are apparently meant to be purchased on a whim from a donut shop.

This new-to-me food blog… has such a nice moodiness to it, doesn’t it?

Forrest needs his first Christmas ornament. I think I might get this one.

This kids party and decor site is adorbs!

Heath is trying to get me to buy more things. They are soooooo sneaky. Perhaps just the new ramekin colors? Maybe a gnome?

This Small Trades dress also makes a perfect nursing top over leggings, for those who are in the same boat as moi.

These date truffles are my new favorite dessert. Tasted them last week when Sara prepared the pretty food for our holiday shoot.

I found this little article on whining to be helpful, other mommies.

Dashiell and I both got big haircuts. Yep. He looks adorable, I look… well… I’m getting used to it. BUT I’m happy to be donating 11 inches of hair to Locks of Love this week! Teeny bit of an identity crisis, but I’m sure I’ll get over it. Hair grows, after all.

Trying to remember this post on losing postpartum weight that I wrote around Dashiell’s first birthday. UGH. I’m not approaching the fatness with as much grace this time.

In the meantime, I’d love to be wearing this Lauren Moffat shirt with riding pants. Or maybe this Rachel Pally maxi skirt with any old tank. I’m going through a maxi skirt phase. My new fave is this Ace & Jig number I snagged from Shop Pretty Mommy. I kind of love the blue option too.

What else am I missing out on? Do tell!

(Photo of Dashie just before I cut his hair. To be fair, I just don’t have any relevant photos for this post.)

comments

1. Lisa Fyfe said on November 12, 2012

I just read that nytimes article from beginning to end. I am so inspired! Thank you. (your son is beautiful)

2. Rebecca said on November 12, 2012

Not to be all Team Consumer, but Heath is 20% off from the 16th-25th, and Rachel Pally usually has a sample sale in December. The prices are awesome and Rachel herself is usually there giving fashion advice.

3. Erin | Holtwood Hipster said on November 12, 2012

I really enjoyed that NY Times article. Thanks for the heads up on the inspiring read!

4. alyson said on November 13, 2012

ooo, ooo… let’s see the hair! I chopped off 9 inches this summer to donate. couldn’t bring myself to do 10 so I donated to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths – only needed 8!

5. mau said on November 13, 2012

Show us your hair!

6. sara said on November 13, 2012

so many things to comment on here!
    first, dashie… oh goodness, he’s sweet.

that NY times article is great.

the article on whining… things have been known to get a tad whiney over here from time to time (read: daily). hand in hand = amazing. i head over there frequently when i need h-e-l-p!

and yeah. not really bouncing back to the ole pre-pregnancy size as quickly as i did last go-around. sigh. it’s happening but it’s sloooooooooooooooow. and things are just different with my body now. if i had the time/money/inclination, perhaps i could devote myself to getting it back. but, frankly, i don’t have any of those things… so i walk everyday and try to eat right and just hope for the best. slow and steady is better than nothing and nothing, right?!

but damn. i also like donuts, truffles and amazing food blogs! xx

7. Desi said on November 14, 2012

I loved that article too. I love everything about that lifestyle.

I can’t wait to see your hair. I bet it’s beautiful.

8. Michelle LeBlanc said on November 14, 2012

Thank you lovely Kristina for the link!! and thank you so much for posting about the article on whining…it seriously might be a game changer around here…xoxo

9. sara said on November 18, 2012

oh! love the Patrick and Farrah blog. and now you’re making me want date truffles :) such a great list.

10. Farrah said on November 29, 2012

Hey Kristina! Love love LOVE your blog! Been following forever really. Always loved the birth stories and your innately beautiful style. You also win for the cutest kids. Craziest small world moment finding my little corner of blogville in your links. Thanks for the kind words.